UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» UPDATE!! NEW BOOKIE SETUP!
Yesterday at 9:47 am by stock

» Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:32 am by DEP

» the list is growing
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:53 pm by Chrom

» Time flies uf.ca
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:46 pm by Triggerman99

» The double knockdown! *Spoilers*
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 pm by Triggerman99

» Its Officially Official; Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather at the T-Mobil Arena, August 26th
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:51 pm by Triggerman99

» Gohkan Saki signs with the UFC
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:13 pm by FistK

» UFC 211 Betting Topic
Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm by Chrom

» Justin Gaethje is the latest WSOF champ to sign with the UFC
Fri May 12, 2017 3:51 pm by Triggerman99

Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32883

PostSubject: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Quote :
Dereck Chisora lit the touchpaper ahead of Saturday's WBC heavyweight title challenge by slapping the champion Vitali Klitschko at Friday's weigh-in in Munich.

The eccentric Londoner is a rank outsider ahead of the bout and attempted to get under the long-reigning champion's skin. After weighing in at 17st 3lb – just a pound heavier than his lightest weight for a professional bout – Chisora butted heads before slapping Klitschko's face hard.

The two men were pulled apart, with a furious-looking Klitschko, who had weighed in three pounds heavier, left with a red mark on the left side of his face.

Chisora's camp said they were unaware of the stunt beforehand, with his trainer Don Charles even branding the slap "unacceptable". Asked whether it was pre-meditated, the trainer said: "I'm not Dereck Chisora. Like I said, it's unacceptable."

The promoter Francis Warren, representing his father Frank's company, said: "We're all scratching our heads about it, to be honest. You always expect something from Dereck – he's a character. But it's usually something that winds people up or is a bit jovial.

"So for him to get physical and aggressive, unprovoked, is surprising. But at the end of the day I'm sure there's method to his madness and we'll find out if the madness has paid off tomorrow night."

Warren added: "I was very surprised [by the slap] though. I wasn't expecting it at all. I don't think anybody wants to see that but it's happened now, so we'll move on and look forward to tomorrow night."

Asked whether he expects sanctions against Chisora, Warren said: "That's up to the governing bodies to decide. If there are sanctions then I suppose we will find out in the next couple of weeks. I'll sit down and have a chat with Dereck about it but at the moment we're focused on tomorrow night.

"Dereck is obviously a fiery character and that has got him to where he is. He can react like that to situations but at the end of the day he is a boxer, a fighter. Let's focus on the fight."

The 28-year-old Londoner challenges Klitschko in Germany despite two high-profile losses in his last three fights.

Chisora has already seen two clashes with Klitschko's brother Wladimir scuppered by the Ukrainian's injury withdrawals.

He was scheduled to fight the 35-year-old for the IBF and WBO belts in December 2010 before a stomach injury forced the champion to pull out and the rescheduled bout in April last year also fell through with Klitschko blaming a problematic rehabilitation.

While Wladimir went on to beat David Haye instead, Chisora remained at domestic level and lost his British and Commonwealth titles to Tyson Fury. Though he went some way to redeeming himself with a career-best performance against the Finnish fighter Robert Helenius before Christmas, a controversial split decision ultimately saw him suffer a second career defeat.

The Zimbabwe-born Briton therefore takes on long-reigning heavyweight king Klitschko as a huge outsider, with some bookmakers pricing him as generously as 10-1 to dethrone the champion in his adopted homeland.

"I'm the underdog in this fight which is exactly how I like it because when I knock him out in the eighth round it will shock the world," said Chisora, who has a record of 15-2 (9KOs) and is ranked 14th by the WBC.

"I know I've got to go in there and do a job on him. I'm in tip-top condition and the best shape I've been in in my entire career, so I'm confident I'm going to smash Mr Vitali Klitschko to bits.

"I'm going to war with him. I'll make sure that he won't get to use his big height and reach advantage against me with the way I'm going to fight him and I've got the eighth round in my head that I'm going to stop him in."

Klitschko had spent the build-up to the fight talking up Chisora's credentials, citing his performance against Helenius in Finland in December as proof of his credentials.

"He's the strongest challenger out there and I always want to prove myself against the best,"
source

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 3443

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Surprised this didn't end up in a full on brawl.

That blows my mind that it even happened, a joking slap is one thing; even still!, but he hit him pretty hard it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!

Standard Cash : 5433

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm

"Dereck who?" is exactly what everyone is saying now, and is exactly what they'll be saying after the fight. Not that it'll be much of a fight.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:42 am

Yeah, i have a feeling Vitali is gonna make an example outta this fuckin tool and end it early.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner

Standard Cash : 3106

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:02 pm

David Haye is a numpty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:04 pm

affraid

wait... whats a numpty...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   

Back to top Go down

Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1