UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inPosts from past 24hrs
Latest topics
» Anthony Johnson Indefinitely Suspended by UFC ??? Say it aint so!
Today at 8:07 pm by Chrom

» Wanderlei Silva blasts UFC in "This is Not a Goodbye" retirement video
Today at 8:04 pm by Chrom

» Fighters Officially Cut By The UFC
Today at 5:31 pm by stock

» UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson Betting Topic
Yesterday at 7:38 pm by Chrom

» The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Yesterday at 3:44 pm by Triggerman99

» MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?
Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:35 pm by stock

» Machida next opponet will be........!!!!!!!
Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:42 pm by butterknifeninja

» The WTF Thread
Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:33 pm by Triggerman99

» ITS BEEN A WHILE....
Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm by Chrom

Poll
A. Silva vs Diaz SuperFight: How Does it End?
 Silva - KO/TKO
 Silva - Sub.
 Silva - U.Decision
 Silva - S.Decision
 Silva - Robbery
 Diaz - KO/TKO
 Diaz - Sub.
 Diaz - U.Decision
 Diaz - S.Decision
 Diaz - Robbery
 Crazy Bad JuJu Freak Accident
View results
Affiliates
DOMINAGE APPAREL
Top posters
Chrom

Triggerman99

Krieger

Gecko

DEP

stock

butterknifeninja

samger2

FistK

9Teen_AT4

September 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most Viewed Topics
Horrible Facebook Posts...
The WTF Thread
Miesha Tate Camel Toe
Renato Laranja is not a real person
Joe Rogan, 44, Taps Out to Father Time... Shaved Head because he is Balding
Your personal top 5.
Lindsay Lohan Playboy Pictures Leaked *NSFW*
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Ronda Rousey's Greatest Fear? Camel Toe!
We're all fucked! The Political Thread
Follow us

Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash: 7995

PostSubject: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Quote :
The UFC bolstered its bantamweight division recently with the signing of Bibiano Fernandes (11-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

There was just one one problem, though. According to Fernandes, he never signed with the promotion.

Fernandes, according to UFC.com, was expected to face Roland Delorme next month at UFC 149 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. But the promotion recently removed Fernandes from that bout on the site – though as of late Tuesday morning, a fighter profile page for him still exists there.

"I would like to make perfectly clear the news concerning my involvement with the UFC," Fernandes said in a statement on his Facebook page. "It was announced that I, Bibiano Fernandes have been contracted to fight for the organization at UFC 149 which will take place in the city of Calgary on the 21st of July. I would like to make it clear that I am not a UFC athlete as I did not sign any contract with the UFC organization."

Fernandes, the former DREAM featherweight champion and current DREAM bantamweight champ, did not deny being in negotiations with the UFC – but said talks came to an impasse.

"Negotiations between the UFC and myself did take place; however, we could not resolve the issues on the table and as a result we did not come to an agreement," Fernandes stated. "The recent reports that have been circulating in the media are false, contrary to what is being said, I am not a UFC athlete."

Bill Mahood, Fernandes' representative with the BCMMAA management firm, on Tuesday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he could not comment beyond Fernandes' Facebook statement. He said he had not spoken to the fighter since before the statement was posted.

Fernandes, in the statement, alluded to a possible disagreement over the financial terms in his negotiations with the UFC, though he didn't elaborate with specific numbers. But he didn't rule out signing with the UFC in the future.

"I did not find the terms set before me by the UFC beneficial to my family and as a result an agreement could not be reached and no contract was signed," Fernandes stated. "It should be noted that the UFC is the largest MMA organization in the world however, my personal and professional obligations have brought me to the decision that I will not be a part of the UFC organization at this point in time. The day that an agreement is reached and the terms set forth are beneficial to both parties involved, I will have the most pleasure and satisfaction to fight for the organization while always representing my beloved country."

The Brazilian-born Fernandes now lives and trains in Canada. But he has fought exclusively in Japan since 2009. In 2009, he won the DREAM featherweight tournament and title, submitting Joe Warren in just 42 seconds in the semifinals before taking a split decision later the same night against Hiroyuki Takaya. He defended that title with a win over Joachim Hansen in 2010 before losing it to Takaya in a rematch.
source

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mmastandard.net
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash: 7995

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Suspect

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mmastandard.net
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash: 1899

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 am

Gotta respect a guy that won't take "no" for an answer. However stupid it might be...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash: 472

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am

Heh he can always keep fighting for DREAM..... .... ... oh wait!

Another fighter who vastly overestimates his worth to the MMA community. An 11 and 3 fighter who wins mostly by decisions.... perhaps he should hold out for more ..... forever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash: 5765

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:20 am

Krieger wrote:
Heh he can always keep fighting for DREAM..... .... ... oh wait!

Another fighter who vastly overestimates his worth to the MMA community. An 11 and 3 fighter who wins mostly by decisions.... perhaps he should hold out for more ..... forever!

Pretty much...lol

So is he saying he is getting better offers elsewhere that are more beneficial to his family?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The MMA Standard :: -