UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 7942

PostSubject: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 pm

I am in disbelief that I even have to be typing this thread...but yesterday I got a hysterical call from my wife while I was at work, I could barely understand her she was sobbing so bad...I finally understood her enough to hear her say "aunt Sheryl killed herself"....um EXCUSE ME!!!????

Yeah, you read that right, my wife's aunt committed suicide yesterday and uncle Greg found her at 7am. We're all still in shock and for the life of us couldn't figure out what the heck would lead her to this. She had depression problems in the past, but she seemingly got passed those...she has two wonderful sons, a wonderful husband of over 30 years, 3 grandkids and 2 more on the way...so my wife has been beside herself for the past day trying to grasp any understanding.

Here's my point and why I'm even making this thread...today it was brought up by one of her sons that she was prescribed Ambien due to having some insomnia lately. She had shoulder surgery some months ago, and just last week was in a car accident which broke her shoulder again...this gave her some anxiety...coupled with the fact that she knew in the near future she was going to have to help out alot with the twins when her daughter in law went back to work...so she was stressing and not sleeping well.

After a brief 2 second google search of "Ambien and suicide" this appears to be a big problem...it seems to really mess with some people's brains...especially those with previous anxiety issues...or those who drink. I read a couple messages from people who lost loved ones in a very similar way...very happy people that all of a sudden and for no reason decided to end their lives.

I don't know if Ambien is the true cause of this...but all the indicators lead to it being so.

I'm not looking for attention here...I think you all have known me through my posts here and on the former board I'm a sincere guy. I just want to throw this out so if there's anyone reading that has considered the drug or has insomnia...do your homework, think it through and research. Damn...I only wish aunt Sheryl would've taken a shot of whiskey before bed instead.

Cheers gang, throw your Prayers and good thoughts our way please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20206

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh my, thats terrible man. I have seen the commercials for ambien and one of the side effects is "Suicidal thoughts"... but really?? Why would a Dr. perscribe something like that.. why would the FDA approve of something with such a insane side affect? My heart goes out to you and your family.

And for anyone else who may read this suffering from insomnia please give Melatonin a try before trying the garbage that pharmaceutical companies push on you.

Here is a helpful link explaining all you need to know about Melatonin:
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/melatonin/a/melatonin.htm

(I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical experience. But I have and do use Melatonin when needed. It works wonderfully for me and other folks I know.)

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks dude. Yeah, you see those commercial and you always just kinda let that "suicidal thoughts" go in one ear and out the other...until it hits home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!

Standard Cash : 7087

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Condolences, Sam. You think maybe she took too much, or maybe she did have a shot of whiskey on top of the pills? I mean are they sure it was intentional?

Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks DEP. Nothing is for sure at this point...I believe they're doing an autopsy given the nature of the death. Knowing she had a car accident a week and a half prior my thought was maybe she was on some pain meds and then took this on top of it? But I'm not sure, that's just an assumption on my part.

Tomorrow is the service...keep us in your thoughts and prayers gang...gonna be a long difficult day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 26257

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:19 am

sincere condolences, Sam. I've never personally taken any sleep medication before, but I've heard it can really mess with your chemical balance. I've also had a family friend take Ambien one night and to find out in the morning that they drove to the grocery store to pick up some things and drive back home only to have no memory of the events... it was only after their husband told her what she had done the next day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12961

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 am

I am really sorry for your loss Sam. I know that cant be easy on you or your wife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 1420

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 am

I'm sorry man I have insomnia ,but I don't trust Ambien I've heard too many stories about people going out of their minds. For example I had a friend who's boyfriend thought she was a burglar so he pulled out a shotgun on her. She got out and in the morning he couldn't remember anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10176

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 am

Very sorry for your loss Sam Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN   

Back to top Go down

Anyone have insomnia? BEWARE OF AMBIEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1