UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

BMW driver training...some pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 7884

PostSubject: BMW driver training...some pics   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 am

For those of you that don't know I work for BMW at a local dealer here in Ohio. We had a good year for tires this year and in particular snow tires so our tire vendor Dealer Tire rewarded us by sending two of us to BMW winter driver training in Montreal this week. Man, what a blast, we spent a full day at icar at the Mirabel airport, 3 racers/instructors spent the day with us covering proper driving techniques and let us go through several exercises including slalom, reverse 180 and drifting...really a once in a lifetime opportunity. We got to drive F30 335's both Xdrive and non X...we also drove them with and without ABS and traction control, but it was on snow and ice...even with snow tires no traction control was pretty tough at times. Just thought I'd share a couple pics from the day, it was a blast.

This last pic is me and the other guy they sent up there. I'm on the left.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56953

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 pm

That's bad fuckin ass man!
Sounds like a good time. I know some asshats around my area that could definitely benefit from a little "winter driver training".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah man, it was tons of fun. And the company schmoozed us pretty good too...open bar for a couple hours the first night...very nice dinner and more drinks the second night...plus a really nice catered breakfast and lunch at the track.

I've been with BMW about 7 years now...just a little more...and quite frankly this is the first time I've truly gotten to experience the car. I must say I have new respect for BMW's ABS and traction control systems. They had a "magic switch" installed under the hood of each car that shut off the traction control, stability control and ABS...that was interesting trying to drive on snow and ice with no traction control and ABS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!

Standard Cash : 7003

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
That's bad fuckin ass man!
Sounds like a good time. I know some asshats around my area that could definitely benefit from a little "winter driver training".
This, this and THIS.

We had a 120 car pileup near Flagstaff a few years ago. People have no idea how big of an influence tires have on the way a car handles. Looks like a great time, Sam.

Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm

You said it DEP...tires are the only thing connecting you to the road yet I see people driving on stuff that's as smooth as the kitchen counter...and we wonder why there are 120 car pileups...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10106

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:17 am

Samger that is fucing badass! Congrats dude.

When I was young and in college i worked for sears automotive selling tires. I got to go to a bridgstone demonstration once at the civic center. They had just come out with a tire called the Bridgestone Blizzak and they were fucking stopping short on a dime on an ice rink, haha.

I never got to drive anything though. Thats pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am

I actually worked for sears auto center as well...well actually I was technically working for NTB, but we were owned by sears...so my paychecks said sears on them. I used to sell tires at NTB and then ended up in a district commercial account manager position...but being at BMW we sell a TON of snow tires...and the Blizzak is by far my top seller...it's the best snow tire out there IMO...heck I used to run them on my Cherokee and I still run them on my wife's Grand Cherokee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10106

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:39 am

Holy shit are Blizzaks really still the best tire??? Thats pretty cool. When I worked there back in the mid 90's they had just come out I think. Pretty cool to hear they are still on top. I figured by now a million knockoffs would of come out.

On a side note I went into Sears Auto the other day (i like to give them my loyalty) to get tires and holy shit its like nobody cares about the place at all anymore. I went to two different ones near me and they were the same. When I worked there everyone had to dress nice, the place had to look good and you had quotas to keep for customer happiness, add on sales, etc.
Both times I had gone in recently the sales people looked like punks with pants hanging down their ass, t-shirts on and no signs that there was even a manager. I came into buy tires and the kid was like "what size?" (back in the day we were supposed to walk out to the car write down the size ourselves, mileage etc), i tell him the size, he types it in and literally just turns the computer screen to me and says "which ones you want?" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah Blizzaks and Dunlop Wintersports are the two biggest sellers for me. Pirelli sottozero are just behind. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely alot of knockoffs out there, but it's a night and day difference in snow traction. I initially put some NTB knockoff snows on my Cherokee and after the first day driving on them I realized they were no better than the tires I already had on so I went back and paid the difference for Blizzaks.

Yeah the quality in customer service has dropped DRAMATICALLY in not only the sears stores but the NTB stores as well. Much like you when I worked there we were in nice polo shirts or button ups, we carried a clipboard and tread guage and we met the customer in the parking lot when they pulled up...things have certainly changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BMW driver training...some pics   

Back to top Go down

BMW driver training...some pics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1