UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Extended warranty or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Warranty or no warranty
Buy the warranty
75%
 75% [ 3 ]
Don't buy the warranty
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 7823

PostSubject: Extended warranty or not?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:39 pm

So we bought a new 55" Samsung LED tv...$899. Best Buy offered the extended warranty for $179...without going into much detail, it seems to cover about everything except my kids breaking it...and it's good for 4 years. Normally I'd spring for such a warranty, but $179 is alot of dough. What should I do? I procrastinated as long as I could...you have 30 days to decide...today is day 29. What say you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12842

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 pm

I never get the warrenty on anything except TV's and high end video game systems. I say yess get the warrenty. I bought a 55in 3d smasung plasma tv about 2 years ago and bought the extra year warrenty to cover me for the next 2 years .

Well no joke i got 4 line bleeds going straight down my tv and with only 2 weeks left on my warrenty. thank god i called Bestbuy asap got geek squad out and said yup it bleeded and put in the report. The TV model i had was no longer avaiable so i was given a reinbursment. Which at first i cringe on cause here i was thinking i paid $950 for this TV 2 years ago and now they will probably give me $200-$300. To my surprise Bestbuy gave me the full $950 value which not only allowed me a LG 3d TV led 55 in. but with a new 4 year warrenty and sound bar (which i gave to my girl cause i have 6.1 surround) and i was still left a $68 dollar gift card. Which i am saving for spiders 3d in 2 weeks and the hobbit 3d in 3 weeks. kind of a bit of a 3d nut if you havent noticed..haha

But to sum it up buddy, even if you dont use the warrenty would you rather be out $179 or be out $900 if some thing goes wrong after that first manufactour warrenty year. It's just not worth the risk. so i say go for it man. I hope this helps sorry about the long story but i thought it would help show you how much a warrenty saved my wallet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:20 pm

No apologies needed...that definitely helps thanks for the story. Like I said I normally buy it on electronics...I bought it on my xbox 360 when I first got it and I had a motherboard issue, without even hooking it up they told me to get a new xbox off the shelf. The price had gone down...but like you said, they still honored my original purchase price, so not only did I get a brand new xbox, but I got a $60 gift card to use for a new game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3249

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Spring for the warranty. My son bought a huge plasma and upgraded twice for free cause it pooped out, heh once cause my cutie granddaughter fired a golf ball at the screen. (He didn't tell em that part)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and bought the warranty about 2 hours ago...I guess the statement "would you rather be out $179 or $900?" put it in perspective. I bumped it up to the 5 year plan for $199.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 pm

I would have passed just because I've gotten burned in the past on electronics warranties. They always have a list a mile long of exclusions, that (pretty sure not by coincidence) are always the things that break down.

Also, the expected payout of a warranty is about 1/4 the warranty's cost. And (at best buy specifically) is the only thing the sales guys get paid commission on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:54 pm

I've had it go both ways. On my xbox I was certainly glad I bought it because I ended up with a brand new xbox plus some extra as you can see above. Same with my Samsung phone...I opted for the monthly service plan and my phone crapped out...they gave me a loaner phone for 2 days and then had another phone ready for me to pick up after that...so those two items I'm glad I purchased it on. Same with tires...I'm a tire salesman so to me roadhazard is a no brainer.

But I've also purchased an aftermarket warranty on my wife's Jeep that cost about $1200...in 3 years all we've gotten out of it is a power steering pump...so that one I may get the short end of the stick on.

I've also done square trade warranties on amps that I've bought for my vehicles that I never had to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:48 pm

I have no problem with warranties if they cover the shit that normally goes wrong. The purpose of a warranty shouldn't be that you expect to "get something out of it".
If you are expecting to have to use a warranty, you probably shouldn't be buying the shitty product.

I've had to get the blu-ray eye replaced twice on my Playstation... not covered by warranty.
I've had two tvs go to shit because of too much image burn... not covered by warranty.
I am on my 4th iPhone due to water damage... not covered by warranty.

I've never bought tires that don't have a replacement warranty for a flat included in a price. Never knew that was even an option.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   

Back to top Go down

Extended warranty or not?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1