UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20228

PostSubject: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Quote :
After a rough debut – both at the mic and on social media – veteran UFC commentator Mike Goldberg has been removed from the NFL on FOX booth.

Goldberg, a veteran sports broadcaster who’s been calling UFC fights since 1997, made his NFL-FOX debut on Sunday during a Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings game:

The 49-year-old made some gaffes during the call, including the misidentification of players/coaches and mispronouncing their names. However, he compounded his problems afterward while responding to criticism on Twitter and using some profanities (which have since been deleted):

Goldberg was slated to work this coming weekend’s Bills vs. Vikings game, but he’s no longer part of the broadcast, the Bills today announced (via Twitter):

Tim Brando has now taken over his play-by-play duties.
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/after-rough-debut-ufcs-mike-goldberg-removed-from-nfl-on-fox-booth

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57067

PostSubject: Re: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:32 pm

I didn't hear any of it live, but from what I've heard second-hand, it was pretty brutal and hard to listen to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20228

PostSubject: Re: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:20 pm

I honestly didn't even care/realize that he sucked... too hard to bitch about the commentator sucking when your team looks like fuckin absolute horse shit!!!

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 14048

PostSubject: Re: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:38 am

I never liked him as a commentator.... Not to be a dick or anything but he's always just sort of repeated what Joe has said but in different words or as a question and I'm sure we've all even seen Joe roll his eyes at goldi....

Sorry not trying to bash the guy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57067

PostSubject: Re: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:53 am

No, you're right. He's kind of just a talking head type of commentator, except he manages to also fuck up minor- yet obvious- talking points. I've honestly thought to myself on several occasions that he's trolling the viewers by intentionally fucking up the pronunciation of fighters' names. For example, I remember him pronouncing Vinicius Maghalles' last name as "Mog-dah-lesh". Really? How the fuck did you come up with that?! And if I'm not mistaken, he was the one who pronounced Ali Bagautinov's last name as "Baga-OOH-tee-nov". It was somehow so close to correct, but yet so far away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10203

PostSubject: Re: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

I like Goldie, but seriously wtf!?! I mean are you kidding me with his social media stuff? He knows better than that.

He sucked on Sunday. He was not prepared at all and people called him on it. He didnt know some rules, he said Golden Tate was a Viking and Greg Jennings was a Lion, and just sounded horrible.

But whatever I guess it can happen. But, then he goes on twitter and starts cursing out the people who say he wasn't good? Like the UFC didn't have a bad enough rep already now we have "The voice of the UFC Mike GOldberg fired from NFL for cursing out fans" Sigh, so fucking annoying...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7885

PostSubject: Re: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:34 pm

does anyone know how much goldie gets paid for his commentary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth   

Back to top Go down

After rough debut, UFC's Mike Goldberg removed from NFL on FOX booth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1