UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3279

PostSubject: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 am

From MMA News, Nov 4:

http://www.mmanews.com/anderson-silva-rushed-hospital-training-update-status-ufc-return/

"Apparently Silva felt the pain while trying to stand up after training jiu-jitsu, and immediately went back down to the floor. The reports claim Silva couldn’t feel his legs, so as a result, he was taken to the Barra D’Or hospital."

So many times we have been disappointed by great fights we REALLY REALLY want to see only to get slammed with "one or the other fighters injured in training.... fight is off."

So I shat my pants when I saw this but whew... the Diaz fight looks good and still on. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12872

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:58 am

yeah i read this article yesterday and i was pretty worried that he was going to get pulled. Glad to see the fight is still happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32988

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:13 am

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7774

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:13 pm

old age starting to get to the GOAT??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Yup, Silva is done for. My money is on this being his last fight of his career, if it even still happens.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57364

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:32 pm

I think old age started catching up to him awhile ago. I mean when's the last time he looked really good in a fight? Like Anderson the fucking Spider Silva good? Against Okami back in 2011 maybe? Yeah he made Bonnar look stupid but that wasn't surprising to anybody. He got by Sonnen with pure grit and savvy, but I think he's been deteriorating as a fighter for years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Agreed. His age added with the recent "ghosts" and fears of fighting, so much so that he has to see a shrink... now this... How can his people be saying they are %100 certain he will be fighting?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:59 pm

maybe he will use this as a crutch if diaz beats him. people could speculate oh his leg was bad oh his back was hurt etc. maybe anderson knows his time is up and he is capitalizing on a few big pay days before he retires.

when he was doing "anderson silva" type work the MW division was really weak and now the competition is pretty strong and maybe his age is taking him out of the picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Well I half agree with that.

I do think he knows he's getting to the end of the line, but I don't think he would try and apply a crutch to any of his fights. He was never a guy who did that in the past, and I don't see him doing that in the future.

I do however think his fighting style as of late has been a result of him being aware that he's getting older and not as fast/strong/durable or what have you. He's always been a little showey, but starting around the time of the Maia fight he reeeeeally started to get bizarre in there, and I think that's because he knew he couldn't fight at the level he used to be able to. So he goes way over the top with his clowning to get his opponent to come in so he can counter, rather than get into a firefight with them where his fading speed and chin might betray him. Like they always say, power is the last thing to go, so if he can bait you in with his clowning around and sneak in a well timed counter (which it seemed in his last few fights was his one and only gameplan, culminating in the first Weidman fight where he went way overboard and just did the Soulja Boy for a round and a half), that's what he's gonna try and do.  
Like I said, I don't think he wants any part of a 5 round kickboxing match anymore, because he probably doubts his ability to handle it like he used to be able to.

Call me crazy, but I'm beginning to think that maybe the idea of Diaz dragging him into deep water and- as GSP put it- making him feel claustrophobic in there with limitless pressure might actually break Silva at some point, if it gets to be late in the fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:18 pm

makes a lot of sense...

i think weidman figured out exactly what you said before he fought silva and thats why he has the belt. If you dont play his game and you have patience i think you have a great chance of beating silva.

As for diaz i think he will get caught because he will try to pressure silva and i think that works out terrible for diaz in this fight. id like to see diaz sub anderson tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Well there aren't many fighters I would say have a "great" chance at beating Silva. lol! But I get what you're saying.
And yeah, I think the general consensus is that Diaz will get hit early and often. Though we all know how hard it is to put Diaz away. Other than the TKO loss very early in his career and the BS cut stoppage in the first Noons fight, I've really only seen Diaz in any sort of danger of being finished one time. That was in the Paul Daley fight, where he got dropped badly at least once, only to immediately get right back up and start swinging back with fury.
It might be a stretch to say Paul Daley hits as hard as Silva (or maybe not??), but I'm just saying if Diaz can take Silva's best shots and still be standing after 2 rounds, things could get really interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain   

Back to top Go down

Scared the crap out of me! Anderson Silva Hospitalized With Back Pain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1