UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20229

PostSubject: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Quote :
Caio Magalhaes saw nothing controversial about his 31-second stoppage on Saturday night in Uberlandia, Brazil.

The Brazilian middleweight extended his UFC winning streak to four straight victories with a vicious blitzkrieg of Trevor Smith in the opening round of action. However, his win was nothing if not questionable, as it appeared as though several of his final blows landed on his opponent's occiput region.

While he was made aware of the potential mistake, he claims to have not noticed any illegal blows when he was busy  bombarding his opponent with strikes.

"I didn't notice that," Magalhaes told MMAFighting.com. "His coach talked to me after the fight, said I punched the back of his head, but I didn't notice it. The referee should have stepped in if he saw something, but he was already out from the punch and knee I landed."

source

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Bullshit!

The TKO should really be a DQ, those were in the very least insanely negligible & at worst intentional illegal shots.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 7965

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:54 pm

I can't really see it from that view. All I can see is him hitting the side of his face with hammer fists, doesn't look illegal to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57068

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:01 pm

The one that dropped him looked to be a club squarely to the back of the head, and given the angle from which he brought it down, well, I'll just say if he wasn't aiming for the back of the head, he was throwing one of the most unorthodox standing hammerfists I have even seen.

The ones on the ground didn't actually look that bad to me. They looked to be more on the side of the head than the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Suspect

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12984

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Yeah from this new angle not only was the standing hammer fist clearly behind the head, i would even say the next two ground shots looked like the back of the head too. with the 3rd and 4th hammer fist on the ground going to the side of the head. Think the ref should have been on that one a little more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:02 pm

I would say the first 3-4 hammer fists were clearly illegal and the last 2 maybe 3 were to the back of the ear, which is the grey area basically.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7886

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:19 pm

every single shot looked illegal to me with the exception of the left hook that originally caught him.

guy should be dq for that for sure imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57068

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Quote :
The TKO should really be a DQ, those were in the very least insanely negligible & at worst intentional illegal shots.

Quote :
All I can see is him hitting the side of his face with hammer fists, doesn't look illegal to me

Quote :
The one that dropped him looked to be a club squarely to the back of the head......The ones on the ground didn't actually look that bad to me. They looked to be more on the side of the head than the back.

Quote :
not only was the standing hammer fist clearly behind the head, i would even say the next two ground shots looked like the back of the head too. with the 3rd and 4th hammer fist on the ground going to the side of the head.

Quote :
I would say the first 3-4 hammer fists were clearly illegal and the last 2 maybe 3 were to the back of the ear, which is the grey area basically.

Quote :
every single shot looked illegal to me with the exception of the left hook that originally caught him.

Well good to see we're all squarley in perfect agreement here!

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7886

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 7965

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:44 pm

haha...I will say the second video showed me at least 2 illegal shots for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10204

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:06 pm

@Chrom wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   

Back to top Go down

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1