UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting
 
UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Is Edmond Tarverdyan The Worst Coach In UFC?
 Yes
 No
 Undecided
View results
Most active topic starters
Chrom
 
Triggerman99
 
drainbamage
 
Gecko
 
9Teen_AT4
 
Krieger
 
butterknifeninja
 
stock
 
samger2
 
FistK
 
Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum


Share | 
 

 UFC hall of fame question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 2437
Standard Cash : 12811
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : Washington DC

PostSubject: UFC hall of fame question   Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:56 am

I was hanging out with my girl last night and we were watching a old UFC event, at one point my girl ask me if i thought bisping would make the hall of fame. At first i was going to clearly say No he is a favorite of mine and all but i dont think he has done enough to earn a spot. but them i went looked at who was in there and i have to admit i'm not so sure if he doesnt deserve a spot compared to say Bonnar. lets compare accomplishments



Bonnar- TUF 1 runner up, 1x fight of the year, 1x fight of the night, never got a title shot(came close once),to date 15-9 (8-7UFC)

Bisping- TUF 3 winner, 5x fight of the night, 3rd rank most significant strikes, never got a title shot (came close 3X),Stayed in the top 10 mw for the last 5-6 years,to date 25-7 (15-7 UFC)



After looking at those numbers i must say i think there could be an argument there. what are your guys thought on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1640
Standard Cash : 9977
Reputation : 186
Join date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:32 am

I think he will make it probably. Isn't he the all-time winningest fighter in UFC history?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 2437
Standard Cash : 12811
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : Washington DC

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:38 am

@FistK wrote:
I think he will make it probably.  Isn't he the all-time winningest fighter in UFC history?


I dont know? thats a good question. he might be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
avatar

Posts : 2347
Standard Cash : 25809
Reputation : 272
Join date : 2011-08-01
Location : Madison

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Hall of Fames are more about politics than actual merit.
Bisping is a 100% sure thing. He's been one of the most popular fighters in the UFC since season 3 of TUF.

________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 290
Standard Cash : 28635
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:45 pm

0 Titles...

Bonnar is in the HOF because of his fight with Forrest.

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 5944
Standard Cash : 57260
Reputation : 506
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:57 pm

No way.

The more appropriate question being raised here is whether or not Bonnar deserves to be in there.
The way I understand it, Bonnar and Griffin are in the HOF as participants of a "HOF-worthy" fight (due to its significance in the company's history), not because their individual careers are even remotely HOF-worthy.

You can't use Bonnar's career stats as a barometer for whether another fighter has the credentials to get in. If that's the case, then probably almost 1/4 of the current and past roster would be HOF-worthy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1640
Standard Cash : 9977
Reputation : 186
Join date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 am

The question was not whether we thought he deserved to be in it it was whether we thought he would get in it. I say no doubt...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 2437
Standard Cash : 12811
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : Washington DC

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:50 am

@Grey Suit wrote:
0 Titles...

Bonnar is in the HOF because of his fight with Forrest.


which brings up another debate is one really good fight really HOF worthy. I can think of guys who put on really great fights that could easily test close if not being better than forrest and bonnar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 290
Standard Cash : 28635
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:36 pm

@Gecko wrote:

@Grey Suit wrote:
0 Titles...

Bonnar is in the HOF because of his fight with Forrest.



which brings up another debate is one really good fight really HOF worthy. I can think of guys who put on really great fights that could easily test close if not being better than forrest and bonnar.

It's not that it was just a really good fight, it was the fight that brought the UFC out of obscurity and into the lime light. It was basically the catalyst of the UFC's success. No other fight in UFC history is even in the same hemisphere.

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 5944
Standard Cash : 57260
Reputation : 506
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Yeah exactly.

I don't look at it like "Stephan Bonnar is in the UFC Hall of Fame", but rather the fight itself, as a significant event, is in the HOF. I kind of liken it to other major sports having memorabilia in their respective HOFs, like jerseys, balls, or whatever. It's like recognition of a moment, not a career.

Neither Forrest or Bonnar has a HOF-worthy career. They're not in there because of their careers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1583
Standard Cash : 7707
Reputation : 109
Join date : 2011-08-15
Location : far from the projects

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).


he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 290
Standard Cash : 28635
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:21 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).


he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF

Bisping has never even earned a shot at the title let alone won a title. So what if he holds a bunch of meaningless records that he gained from fighting cans. There is no way that someone from the modern era who never even earned a title shot should even be considered for the hall of fame.

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1583
Standard Cash : 7707
Reputation : 109
Join date : 2011-08-15
Location : far from the projects

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:41 pm

@Grey Suit wrote:



@drainbamage wrote:
Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).


he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF




Bisping has never even earned a shot at the title let alone won a title.  So what if he holds a bunch of meaningless records that he gained from fighting cans.  There is no way that someone from the modern era who never even earned a title shot should even be considered for the hall of fame.



maybe he never got to that title shot because 50% of his loses ( chael, vitor, hendo) are to fighters who were on trt ( it wasnt banned at that time but is now banned ) All three fights were title eliminators. denying him a title shot. couldnt disagree with you more about who bisping has fought.. he fought multiple champions, top contenders and who ever the ufc puts in front of him.. his ability to market a fight is incredible. Everyone is interested in watching him fight and he held the uk on his back for almost 10 years. that is crucial to the sport and to the ufc. because of that i think he could definitely be a nominee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 290
Standard Cash : 28635
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 pm

@drainbamage wrote:

@Grey Suit wrote:




@drainbamage wrote:
Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).


he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF





Bisping has never even earned a shot at the title let alone won a title.  So what if he holds a bunch of meaningless records that he gained from fighting cans.  There is no way that someone from the modern era who never even earned a title shot should even be considered for the hall of fame.




maybe he never got to that title shot because 50% of his loses ( chael, vitor, hendo) are to fighters who were on trt ( it wasnt banned at that time but is now banned ) All three fights were title eliminators. denying him a title shot. couldnt disagree with you more about who bisping has fought.. he fought multiple champions, top contenders and who ever the ufc puts in front of him.. his ability to market a fight is incredible. Everyone is interested in watching him fight and he held the uk on his back for almost 10 years. that is crucial to the sport and to the ufc. because of that i think he could definitely be a nominee

And lost to every single one of them... who is Bisping's best win? Brian Stann? Alan Beltcher? He has not beat a former champ let alone anyone who is even close to a hall of famer.

If we are just going by who they fought and not who they beat then Vernon White has a better HOF resume than Bisping.

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1583
Standard Cash : 7707
Reputation : 109
Join date : 2011-08-15
Location : far from the projects

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 pm

@Grey Suit wrote:

@drainbamage wrote:


@Grey Suit wrote:





@drainbamage wrote:
Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).


he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF






Bisping has never even earned a shot at the title let alone won a title.  So what if he holds a bunch of meaningless records that he gained from fighting cans.  There is no way that someone from the modern era who never even earned a title shot should even be considered for the hall of fame.





maybe he never got to that title shot because 50% of his loses ( chael, vitor, hendo) are to fighters who were on trt ( it wasnt banned at that time but is now banned ) All three fights were title eliminators. denying him a title shot. couldnt disagree with you more about who bisping has fought.. he fought multiple champions, top contenders and who ever the ufc puts in front of him.. his ability to market a fight is incredible. Everyone is interested in watching him fight and he held the uk on his back for almost 10 years. that is crucial to the sport and to the ufc. because of that i think he could definitely be a nominee


And lost to every single one of them... who is Bisping's best win?  Brian Stann?  Alan Beltcher?  He has not beat a former champ let alone anyone who is even close to a hall of famer.

If we are just going by who they fought and not who they beat then Vernon White has a better HOF resume than Bisping.

its bigger than who he has fought as mentioned in my previous reply and you could make an argument that he won each one of the wandy, chael, and rashad fights in my opinion.

he is the first international tuf winner, multiple record holder for ufc, was the face of the entire uk expansion and held the UK on his back for almost 10 years, one of the most marketable fighters in ufc history, still an active and relevant top 10 fighter in the most competitive MW division the UFC has ever had. At 35 with a few fights left in him lets see what happens. with out michael bisping the entire uk would give a shit less about the UFC and for that alone he deserves a hof Nominee imo.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 5944
Standard Cash : 57260
Reputation : 506
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:38 pm

I completely with Grey Suit on this. The guy's had a solid career, but has done nothing HOF worthy.
You don't get into the HOF by being pretty good for a long time. You get in by being great, and Bisping has failed to get to that level.
I mean, even the accomplishments drainbage listed are mostly like "4th best in the MW division". He hasn't really done anything that screams HOF, just a bunch of stuff that says "pretty good".

I don't even understand why this is a debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 290
Standard Cash : 28635
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 pm

To me the only fighters that are surefire HOF worthy are:

Silva
Penn
GSP
Faber

With both Jones and Aldo are on their way.

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 2176
Standard Cash : 3218
Reputation : 194
Join date : 2011-08-12
Location : Calgary

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm

I agree with Trigg except the way you get into the UFC hall of fame is if Dana wants you there. That is the number one criteria. The Count could make it in based on Dana love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1583
Standard Cash : 7707
Reputation : 109
Join date : 2011-08-15
Location : far from the projects

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:27 pm

im not debating im discussing the possibility of bisping being a nominee for the ufc hof.
its not like he definitely will or will not be in the hof .
he is still fighting and who knows what could happen.
all i know is that there are under 10 guys in the ufc hall of fame right now so for anyone to say that he is definitely/definitely not getting in is a bit premature.
with the expansion of the sport and the mainstream playing an influence on everything the ufc does i personally think that he COULD get a nominee.
im not defending bisping or anything else im just throwing my opinion out there and am open to hearing what you guys are saying.
i think he gets a nominee at some point.
everyone else doesnt think he will get it.
okay.
lets eat some turkey!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 2437
Standard Cash : 12811
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : Washington DC

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:02 am

@drainbamage wrote:
Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).


he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF



Damn bro you taught this Bisping fan a thing or two. hahahahaha I didnt even know all this!!!!!  lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1583
Standard Cash : 7707
Reputation : 109
Join date : 2011-08-15
Location : far from the projects

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:00 pm

@Gecko wrote:

@drainbamage wrote:
Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).


he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF




Damn bro you taught this Bisping fan a thing or two. hahahahaha I didnt even know all this!!!!!  lol!


the thing that surprises me most is the amount of drops he has from the clinch. i know he has great kick boxing but i dont recall him getting those knockdowns lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 5944
Standard Cash : 57260
Reputation : 506
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:48 am

Well saying Bisping is tied for 4th in UFC history with 9 "knockouts" is a little misleading. If I'm not mistaken, ALL of those were TKOs, while all of the fighters in front of him on that list have several legit KOs. I'm not discounting his TKOs, but just pointing out that we should call it like it is, and he's not in the same category as Liddell, A. Silva, and Vitor when it comes to putting opponents to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 1583
Standard Cash : 7707
Reputation : 109
Join date : 2011-08-15
Location : far from the projects

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:29 pm

yes all were tkos compared to vitors 3 kos (while on TRT), silva and chuck 5 kos each.

no matter how you cut it when you discuss achievements bisping name is right there with the greatest strikers in the ufc.

im finished talking about bisping now.. this thread made me hate this guy lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
avatar

Posts : 5944
Standard Cash : 57260
Reputation : 506
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 36
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Lol!! Yeah, he has that effect on most people!

But I'm not trying to shit on the guy. Like I said, he's been really good, and he's been that way for a really long time. That's something to be proud of. I just think the HOF is a bit of a reach, that's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 5879
Standard Cash : 32817
Reputation : 256
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 36
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 pm





Troll

________________________________________________

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   

Back to top Go down
 
UFC hall of fame question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Stawell has a new Hall of Fame Manager
» Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame
» International Motorsports Hall of Fame 250 Talledega
» Hall of Fame - Wrestler you think should be inducted?
» Snooker hall of fame

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The MMA Standard :: UFC-
Jump to: