UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Is Edmond Tarverdyan The Worst Coach In UFC?
 Yes
 No
 Undecided
View results
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3218

PostSubject: Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 am

From Sports Net Dec 6:
LAS VEGAS — When Robbie Lawler got a second shot at the UFC welterweight title, he was determined to finish with a flourish.

Deep in the 25th minute against Johny Hendricks, Lawler unleashed wild flurries of strikes. He kept pursuing the champion even after the bell.

A few minutes later, Lawler celebrated his remarkable mid-career resurgence with a belt around his waist.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/blogs/mma/ufc-181/

So what do ya'll think of this one?

My thoughts? Good on Robbie, it was a long road especially through the self imposed exile from the UFC, seeing the light and coming back in Cinderella Man style. I hope he can defend the title a couple of times but I suspect MacDonald will have something to say about that.

Hendricks? Meh his coach says in a pre-fight interview Hendricks for the first fight he was not only fighting with a torn bicep but a 'broken' leg as well. (first I heard of it) and Lawler was fighting half a fighter. Well ... what might be this fights' comment? I'm sure we will hear something about the scoring, rounds, the bicep, but at least Hendricks just cowboyed up and took the loss in the post fight interview.

It's not what you do with the wins.... it's what you do with the losses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32817

PostSubject: Re: Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt   Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:12 pm

So glad Robbie won. Hendricks is on my fantasy team and I have liked him for a long time now, but he deserved to lose that fight IMO. He went out there and tried to GSP lay and pray the fight to a win, but instead all he did was wall and stall. Judges are getting shit right for once if you ask me.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57260

PostSubject: Re: Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt   Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 am

So bummed I missed this card. Some drunk wrecked his car into a power pole, took the fucking thing completely out of the ground and blew up the transformer. I lost power and heat at my house for 4 goddamn hours, right when the fights were about to start!! War!

From what I've heard, Hendricks should've won on points, but Lawler clearly wanted it more and "fought harder". If that was the case, I'm glad they gave it to Lawler. Sounds like Lawler was the one trying to win the actual fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 9977

PostSubject: Re: Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt   Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 am

@Chrom wrote:

So glad Robbie won. Hendricks is on my fantasy team and I have liked him for a long time now, but he deserved to lose that fight IMO. He went out there and tried to GSP lay and pray the fight to a win, but instead all he did was wall and stall. Judges are getting shit right for once if you ask me.

I agree with this. I gave thr first round to Robbie and my friend turned to me and said "you gave it to him even with the takedown" and I replied "well hopefully they are starting to get this shit right, because hendricks wanted to do nothing but lay on him"

Good on the judges for finally starting to recognize fighting and especially good on Robbie for the win. I was so pumped for him, especially the way he walked after Hendricks like a fuckin boss when the fight was over haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25809

PostSubject: Re: Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Agree 100%. I thought for certain that Hendricks was going to win the fight.
I could not believe it when they actually gave it to the person that was actually fighting.
Hopefully this will send a message that you don't get to keep a belt by being a heavy blanket.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7707

PostSubject: Re: Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt   Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:19 pm

that was a fight that once it was over i had absolutely no idea who won. i personally gave lawler an edge but man it was literally paper thin. im not so sure that i would like to see a 3rd fight right away. the first one was amazing, this one was kind of dull id say.

i feel bad for the guy who gets hendricks next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt   

Back to top Go down

Lawler beats Hendricks to win UFC welterweight belt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1