UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32988

PostSubject: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Quote :
After be loses to Daniel Cormier (pictured) at UFC 182, “Bones” will become just an average mixed martial artist scrambling to get his career back on track – so says Daniel Cormier.

“I think he falls back in the pack,” Cormier said on ‘UFC Tonight’ of where Jones’s career is headed after their UFC 182 shootout. “He’ll get a rematch, but he’ll fall back. Once he knows he can get beat and no one is scared of him, he won’t win ten in a row anymore.

“He’ll win some and he’ll lose some. He’ll go searching for answers and move to heavyweight. It’ll put doubt and questions in his head. He’ll come out a different man. He might need to be convinced to take the rematch. He’ll lose to me and his career will go in a tailspin. I’m looking to rid MMA of Jon Jones.”

Cormier has been seething for a piece of “Bones” since their first encounter four years ago, where he claims Jones disrespected him. Cormier has been staring at a picture of Jones’ mug ever since for motivation.

“This is what I’ve wanted for years, since I met Jon. When I met him in 2010, our first interaction was unpleasant,” Cormier stated. “He insulted me, so he gave me material and I put his picture on the wall and I have been looking at it since then. I want to beat him in his prime. This has been a goal for four years.”

source

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12872

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 pm

I think DC will take this. I dont know why i feel this way cause i think on paper they are pretty close to even. I just think DC will take this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 13937

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:33 pm

jones is going to need to use the heck out of his reach.....that's how jones wins, reach and striking. That being said im not sure jones is going to win. I really really want dc to man handle him and do exactly what he says hes going to do and put that beating on him and send jones back into the ranks.

my money is on dc to win....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7774

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 am

dc has much better wrestling and striking in my opinion.

will dc gas?

could jones get dc into a slick sub?

has jones ever fought someone as short as dc? he looks really small on tv during live events as a commentator. dont know if that would play a factor into this but it was just a question i had.

i have dc taking the belt home.

i have to say i am excited for this fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10060

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:45 am

I have a strong suspicion tha Jones will actually continually take Cormier down and win although I am praying for Cormier to destroy him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 1331

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Cormier has sort of shown to be vulnerable to kicks in the past , so I'm thinking if Jones stays on him with those that could be a path to victory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25915

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:27 pm

I think Jones plays this fight totally safe (ala greg jackson).
He'll use his reach to jab his way to a boring decision against the much shorter armed fighter.

DC's only chance is to continously pressure and get take downs (not saying that's out of the question, btw).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 7853

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:34 pm

I really don't know why but I'm the odd man out and really hope that Jones demolishes DC. I think the only reason I say that is because I want to have another Silva-esque champion that just dominates and is unstoppable...I want to see Jones reign continue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32988

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:34 pm

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3279

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:21 pm

I don't think Cormier is a particularly smart fighter. I suspect he will attempt to bully, brawl and take Jones down however this game plan will fall short very quickly in the face of the adaptive nature of Jone's fighting ability and the diminishing gas tank that Cormier will have.

I predict Jones in second round by TKO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:53 pm

dc is excellent at closing in on fighters. i think he will neutralize jon jones reach advantage by cage fucking him and peppering him with punches while attempting take downs. i see dc winning by decision or late rd tko by gnp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57364

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm not seeing a finish at all in this fight. I think it goes the distance without much major action to speak of, with Cormier stifling Jones' offense and cruising to a UD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:32 pm

i hope it wont be a let down like the rashad jones fight was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 7853

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:46 pm

I don't see Cormier "cruising" to a UD. The judges in the UFC have made it VERY clear that it's very few and far between that a dominant champ be dethroned by decision. Even if most of the universe thinks Cormier won the decision the nod will still go to Jones if it goes that far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57364

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:58 pm

@samger2 wrote:
I don't see Cormier "cruising" to a UD.  The judges in the UFC have made it VERY clear that it's very few and far between that a dominant champ be dethroned by decision.  Even if most of the universe thinks Cormier won the decision the nod will still go to Jones if it goes that far.
Well I was picturing something like Cormier vs Henderson, minus the sub finish. It would be kind of hard to award Jones that kind of fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin   

Back to top Go down

Cormier Promises to Send Jon Jones’ UFC Career in Tailspin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1