UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12868

PostSubject: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Does this sound like bull sheet to any one else but me? Dana white said cause she seemed apologetic about it. really? that shot after the bell looked pretty blatant to me.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57359

PostSubject: Re: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 pm

I don't know, I haven't seen the punch from Gadelha yet, so I can't really make a fair judgement. But from what I've heard, the intent was clearly much different from Daley's punch. I do know this; Daley had every intention of walking up to Koscheck and sucker punching him well after the bell sounded. That was obvious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25905

PostSubject: Re: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Not a big deal. She was immediately apologetic about it... clearly looked as if it was by accident.
Also, you'll notice that she got a small grazing punch after the bell as well.... and looks like she retaliated a bit or perhaps thought the fight was not officially stopped yet.
As she was walking back to her corner you could clearly see her motioning to her people that she did not hear a bell.

Daley was a clear asshole sucker punch that he never denied or even seemed sorry for.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12868

PostSubject: Re: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:00 pm

@stock wrote:
Not a big deal.  She was immediately apologetic about it... clearly looked as if it was by accident.
Also, you'll notice that she got a small grazing punch after the bell as well.... and looks like she retaliated a bit or perhaps thought the fight was not officially stopped yet.
As she was walking back to her corner you could clearly see her motioning to her people that she did not hear a bell.

Daley was a clear asshole sucker punch that he never denied or even seemed sorry for.

i see what you are saying my biggest problem with that is the fact she actually threw the punch around the ref when the ref got in between them. usually when the ref gets in between the two fighters at the very least need to back off from the fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25905

PostSubject: Re: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Yeah, it looked bad.
But I've also been in the situation where I am so goddamn tired from sparing where the ability to think clearly just goes away.

Daley's decision was a 100% consious decision with no remorse whatsoever .... even after he got released.  Dude was just pissed because his opponent wouldn't play his game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7770

PostSubject: Re: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 am

does any one have a gif of this? i cant find it anywhere and i want to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3275

PostSubject: Re: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:56 am

From Dana:

“The difference is this: When Daley did it to Koscheck, I was in there,” White said. “I went up to Daley, and … he didn’t care. He didn’t give a sh-t. He looked right at me and said he didn’t care.

“As soon as (Gadelha) did it to (Jedrzejczyk), she apologized to her. She said, ‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry,’ and she apologized. Those two had a war, they’re in the heat of battle, and (Jedrzejczyk) landed a kick, the bell rang, and then (Gadelha) hit her with a punch. And then she completely apologized for doing it. Totally different scenario.”

Dana is the guy that pulls the suspension or ban trigger and its obvious that he wasn't going to do it right from the start. Different fighters, different situation. I have no problem with either decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.   

Back to top Go down

so gadelha takes a sucker punch and the ufc does nothing, daley does it and has a life time ban.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1