UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7885

PostSubject: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:02 pm

While he's not going to suddenly become Chael Sonnen or Conor McGregor to unleash verbal abuse on opponents, Jones is no longer as concerned about how he's perceived in the public light.

"I just learned to let go. When I read my comments on Twitter and Instagram, I realize I really do inspire people and touch people and people really do appreciate who I am as a martial artist. Then when I read some of the people who leave me negative messages, it's always so dumb. It's like 'dude, you're fake'. I've been hearing that I'm fake for so many years. It's like who cares If I'm fake? I win fights," Jones said on Monday. "That's what I'm here to do. I'm not here to win you over with my personality. I'm here to fight. That's ultimately my job."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-182-jon-jones-addresses-nike-deal-tired-of-being-called-fake-122914

for the first time i am on jon jones side. he is 100% right...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57067

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:16 pm

That doesn't make any sense though. He's completely contradicting himself!

Quote :
I've been hearing that I'm fake for so many years. It's like who cares If I'm fake? I win fights,"

So this is basically an admission that he's fake and he puts up a front. OK, that's fine. He's a professional athlete, it's his choice to promote himself however he chooses, except.....

Quote :
I'm not here to win you over with my personality. I'm here to fight.

OK, wait...... so which is it?! You put up a front and it shouldn't matter because your job is to win fights, or you're not being fake because you're not here to win us over with your personality?

I'm not really sure he knows what point it is he's trying to make here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20228

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:43 pm

His words and his actions match. He is a confused young man, who clearly has yet to mature and/or figure out who he truly is... the worst part about it IMO is that he doesn't seem to care that he is so conflicted on multiple levels. He likes his $, his belt, liquor and whores... that is a certainty

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12983

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:01 am

@Chrom wrote:
His words and his actions match. He is a confused young man, who clearly has yet to mature and/or figure out who he truly is... the worst part about it IMO is that he doesn't seem to care that he is so conflicted on multiple levels. He likes his $, his belt, liquor and whores... that is a certainty

sadly i actually believe that sums up Jones in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:51 pm

i think 2015 will provide us with a completely different jon jones. i think he is going to take to the media and fans like he is a bad boy or something like that. in the beginning he tried to play the i love god role and it didnt work. then he went to the nice guy role. that didnt work and now he is going to change his role as a bad boy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20228

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:13 pm

I think it would suite him best to just go the Maywether route. He is the only current Champ with that ability really. No one else has the resume to do it.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10203

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:39 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
i think 2015 will provide us with a completely different jon jones. i think he is going to take to the media and fans like he is a bad boy or something like that. in the beginning he tried to play the i love god role and it didnt work. then he went to the nice guy role. that didnt work and now he is going to change his role as a bad boy...

I bet he gets busted for coke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:01 pm

told ya so... this will be an interesting year for mma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights   

Back to top Go down

Jones: Who cares if I'm fake? I win fights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1