UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7774

PostSubject: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:48 pm

what do you guys think?

and below is alex's face after the fight

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:56 pm

to me its clear there was a head-butt after the punch was landed but it also looks like alex was already on his way down at the time of the head-butt. the side of his face hit with rumbles head has no visible damage and the side that got hit with his fist well just look at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25915

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:03 pm

I think the eye poke helped Gus win the fight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57364

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:32 pm

I thought so when I first watched the fight, but from a different angle, it doesn't look like the heads come together at all. When seeing it from the other side you can see that it's the short right that lands hard, and the head doesn't even contact Gus at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12872

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39 pm

I dont think the head butt would have changed to much. Big Gus fan but Gus got caught. I dont know if it's a fluke or if rumble is just that damn good right now. At this point i could accept either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 13937

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:51 pm

ya it loks like there could have been a head butt...but....the head butt was right side of both their heads and in the pic its the left side of alexanders face that's worked....

I think rumble is just a beast at 205.....id like to see a rematch at some point....maybe a title fight after rumble whoops up on jon "coke" jones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Here's a better angle.
Go to about the 0:23 mark. You can clearly see Johnson's head dip just under and miss Gustaffson's right at the moment the punch lands and shakes Gustaffson's head.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:27 pm

their heads definitely hit but it is after the punch lands.
man that was some shot rumble threw.

is it enough to finish jones?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Nah, Johnson's head bumps into Gus's shoulder if anything. I don't see any head-to-head impact whotsoever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 pm

we are clearly watching different videos. it is as clear as crystal in both videos that there is a head butt but regardless the head butt happened after rumble caught him with that punch and gus was already dropping
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 pm

I am really surprised this thread is getting so much play.

I suppose if Gus would have got the KO in a similar matter, folks would be asking if the eye poke led to the quick KO.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:13 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
we are clearly watching different videos. it is as clear as crystal in both videos that there is a head butt but regardless the head butt happened after rumble caught him with that punch and gus was already dropping

Yes, we clearly are not seeing the same thing. Lol

In the video I posted, it's pretty obvious that there is no headbutt at all. Their heads clearly pass by each other with no contact. Just because Brian Stann or whoever that was said there was contact doesn't mean there was.
But whatever. Yeah, it was obviously the punch that dropped him, either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 am

at least we agree on that lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:42 pm

trigg... yes or no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:44 pm

I don't know if I'm missing something obvious or what, but I honestly am not seeing a headbutt at all in any of these videos.
Again, from certain angles it looks like there could've been a headbutt simply because there heads are near each other during all the movement, but I don't see anything that shows that there actually was a headbutt. Gus gets cracked with the punch, drops his head and chin from being half KOd, and falls back and to the ground. I see his hair kind of flying around, which maybe gives the impression that his head is changing directions more than once, but I think that's just percussions from the punch and being rubber-necked.

Besides, in practically every instance I can recall of a headbutt in MMA, there's a pretty significant cut, or at the very least an obvious lump from the contact. There's literally nothing on Gus's face in the area where the headbutt could've occurred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10060

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:42 pm

It does actually look to me like their heads touched even in Triggs at 0:23 it looks to me like Gus's head snaps back and his hair flies when their heads hit, BUT...

I think its a weird discussion. First of all imo his head doesnt look like it hits hard enough to have done any damage and secondly and most importantly his head hits Rumble's head because he is falling to the floor from being punched lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 28696

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Looks like it could have done some damage to me but meh, who knows? It was not intentional (if it was then even more props to Rumble for pulling it of), but hey it's MMA shit happens.

Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3279

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Meh it was incidental I think the right cross hurt him more. And it really kinda looked like Gus smashed his face into rumbles head. Regardless the blow was not a determining factor in the fight Gus lost fair and square, accept the loss move on. I really hope Gus comes back I'd still like to see him and Jon again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 pm

@FistK wrote:
It does actually look to me like their heads touched even in Triggs at 0:23 it looks to me like Gus's head snaps back and his hair flies when their heads hit, BUT...

I think its a weird discussion.  First of all imo his head doesnt look like it hits hard enough to have done any damage and secondly and most importantly his head hits Rumble's head because he is falling to the floor from being punched lol.

Yeah I agree that it is kind of a pointless discussion. I don't see any genuinely prominent contact, but even if I did, I think we all can pretty much agree that it had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight.
Kind of like when Gonzaga got beat by Couture and broke his nose falling down onto his own knee (maybe I got the wrong fight??). Sure, it wasn't damage done by Couture, but it wouldn't have happened if Couture didn't rock him and send him to the ground in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:15 am

I don't think he broke his nose falling on his knee. Didn't Couture slam him so hard that his knee came smashing down on his own face?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 pm

That might've been it, or I'm thinking of a different fight where a fighter got dropped and bounced his face off if his own knee on the way down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?   

Back to top Go down

did a headbutt allow rumble to win against gus?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1