UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

UFC: Anderson Silva petitioning to compete in 2016 Olympic games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20150

PostSubject: UFC: Anderson Silva petitioning to compete in 2016 Olympic games   Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Quote :

The 2016 Olympic Summer Games are right around the corner, and former UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva, has his eye on a possible Olympic bid. The Brazailian superstar is a fifth dan black belt in taekwondo, a skillset he routinely put to use during active MMA competition inside the Octagon. Now, he's seriously considering putting his black belt to the test and realizing a longtime dream to compete in the Olympics, which are set to take place in Rio de Janeiro next year.

MMA Fighting's Guilherme Cruz reports that Silva issued a letter to the president of the Brazilian Taekwondo Federation (CBTKD), Carlos Fernandes, petitioning to compete in next year's Olympic games.

"Everybody knows that for a high-performance athlete, the Olympic Games is the dream of every athlete, and it wouldn't be different with me," Silva wrote, according to the CBTKD official website. "When I was named the ambassador of the sport by president Carlos Fernandes, this Olympic spirit motivated me. It will be a great pleasure to be part of this golden team, which has a serious institution, commanded by president Carlos Fernandes, who honors us very much, along with his team. Therefore, I wish to represent taekwondo and Brazil in the Olympic Games in 2016. With all my esteem, strength and honor."

According to CBTKD, Carlos Fernandes will soon meet "The Spider" to discuss this "magnificent possibility".

This is not the first time Anderson has expressed interest in the Olympic games. Shortly before his 2013 rematch with current champion, Chris Weidman, he spoke about the possibility of competing in the Olympics

continued...

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56995

PostSubject: Re: UFC: Anderson Silva petitioning to compete in 2016 Olympic games   Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Neither Dana or the IOC will ever allow it to happen. I know Silva is basicly a god in Brazil (where the games are taking place), so I'm sure if it was up to the public he'd be a lock, but I just don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12929

PostSubject: Re: UFC: Anderson Silva petitioning to compete in 2016 Olympic games   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:39 am

I am okay with him doing this as long as he actually try outs and earns a spot on the team than him just getting one cause of who he is. If he is really worthy of the spot then he should have no problem competing to earn that said spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC: Anderson Silva petitioning to compete in 2016 Olympic games   

Back to top Go down

UFC: Anderson Silva petitioning to compete in 2016 Olympic games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1