UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56995

PostSubject: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Quote :
Giving the ravaged UFC 186 fight card new life, a New Jersey court on Tuesday reversed the original injunction that barred Quinton “Rampage” Jackson from fighting at UFC 186 this Saturday.

Rampage broke his contract with Bellator late last year after he felt the promotion had not lived up to the terms of their agreement. Shortly thereafter, he signed with UFC and was scheduled to fight Fabio Maldonado at UFC 186.

Bellator then filed for and, two weeks ago, was granted an injunction to bar Rampage from fighting at Saturday’s event in Montreal while their dispute played out in the courts. The UFC moved swiftly and inked former pro hockey player Steve Bosse to fill the void.

In a rather surprising move on Tuesday, a New Jersey court lifted the injunction, thus allowing Rampage to return to the UFC 186 co-main event slot.

“We are happy with the decision from the New Jersey Court allowing Rampage to fight in Montreal this Saturday night,” UFC President Dana White said. “I am looking forward to seeing Rampage back in the Octagon.”

It was a significant boost to a card that had been ravaged. The original main event rematch between TJ Dillashaw and Renan Barão for the bantamweight championship was nixed due to a Dillashaw injury. A planned bout between Rory MacDonald and Hector Lombard was scrapped when Lombard tested positive for steroids in a drug test following his last fight. Then, Bellator’s injunction scratched Rampage’s return, leaving the card a shell of its original line-up.

The UFC 186 card now features Demetrious Johnson putting his flyweight belt on the line against Kyoji Horiguchi in the main event, Rampage vs. Maldonado, and Michael Bisping vs. CB Dollaway.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/rampage-vs-maldonado-on-for-ufc-186-after-injunction-lifted

Wow.....this is actually rather surprising! I figured this would drag on for months without a resolution.

Still not buying this card though.....
MMA Purist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10139

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:59 am

I might put some money on Maldonado as a dog. I bet Rampage stopped training 2 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12929

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:30 am

I am buying the card but only to see Bisping tko Dolloway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:07 pm

i still dont get why the ufc opted for rampage and why they would go through all of this for him. he hasnt looked good in years, bad mouths the company, and hasnt evolved with the sport. id be happier if they brought paulhares back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:37 pm

drainbamage wrote:
i still dont get why the ufc opted for rampage and why they would go through all of this for him. he hasnt looked good in years, bad mouths the company, and hasnt evolved with the sport. id be happier if they brought paulhares back

They did it for one reason and one reason only:
He was making a lot of $$$ for Bellator.

All they're going to do is give him some mid-level fights and maybe throw him in there against a beast and let him get handled once in awhile to lower his drawing power even further and then release him again. So even if Bellator for some reason then picks him up again, his value will be even lower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 pm

makes perfect sense when you put it like that. however i think maldonado beats rampage in this fight and if he does ill be interested in seeing what dana and boys do with page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:34 pm

id like to see rampage move up to hw a lot of great fights for him 1. overeem, jds, stipe, roy, mir, etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:40 pm

drainbamage wrote:
id like to see rampage move up to hw a lot of great fights for him 1. overeem, jds, stipe, roy, mir, etc

I could get on board with that. Not a bad idea at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:55 am

Page looked good. Brought MT back into his game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:56 am

Countdown for Samgers return to come in and say Page is a one trick pony...
lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20150

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:51 pm

I honestly thought he looked better and far more rounded than he ever has! Can't wait to see him in there again. Rashad is already talking like he wants in stating "If I fought 'that Rampage,' I'd catch him with a 'highlight reel' knockout"... he'd actually have to make it to the octagon first though.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Chrom wrote:
I honestly thought he looked better and far more rounded than he ever has! Can't wait to see him in there again. Rashad is already talking like he wants in stating "If I fought 'that Rampage,' I'd catch him with a 'highlight reel' knockout"... he'd actually have to make it to the octagon first though.

Rashad just tore his MCL, cracked two ribs, and got a staph infection by saying that, and will be sidelined indefinitely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:13 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

Chrom wrote:

Rashad just tore his MCL, cracked two ribs, and got a staph infection by saying that, and will be sidelined indefinitely.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I don't care who you are that's funny right there!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday   

Back to top Go down

Injunction Lifted, Rampage vs Maldonado Fight is Back On for UFC 186 this Saturday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1