UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Game of Thrones Season 7
Today at 7:18 am by FistK

» Chael Sonnen wants Chuck Liddell for his next bout
Today at 7:16 am by FistK

» Floyd Mayweather wants to fight Conor McGregor in 8oz gloves
Today at 7:14 am by FistK

» Dealing with hypotheticalls... What happens if Mayweather gets starched?
Today at 7:12 am by FistK

» Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:53 pm by Triggerman99

» UPDATE!! NEW BOOKIE SETUP!
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:36 am by DEP

» the list is growing
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:53 pm by Chrom

» Time flies uf.ca
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:46 pm by Triggerman99

» The double knockdown! *Spoilers*
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 pm by Triggerman99

Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12870

PostSubject: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Mon May 18, 2015 4:53 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nevada-court-overturns-wanderlei-silvas-lifetime-ban-192940572--mma.html

Okay the last part isn't true....lol just figured i had to spice it up to get people to read this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57361

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Mon May 18, 2015 5:03 pm

So if he's allowed to fight again, is he going to, and pretend like he never said that all promotions were basically evil and he would never fight for one again?
I'm betting his tone will change quite a bit from the post-drug test fleeing, pre-suspension announcement "The UFC is the enemy! We need to band together against them!" toned rant into something a little more company man-like. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12870

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Mon May 18, 2015 5:16 pm

^^^^^^^^^

Trigg buddy i would disagree with you but then we would both be wrong... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10057

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Tue May 19, 2015 6:47 am

Lol @ Wandy.

Still makes me laugh.

"I am officially retiring because the evil UFC has stolen my love for the sport"

One day later it is announced that he is banned for life.

haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Tue May 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Yeah, that cost him major respect points in my book. He goes on this big heartfelt rant, painting the sport as this soul-sucking abyss and how he'd love to still compete, but he's been victimized by the pure evil of it and woe is me! Poor, poor me! Then the very next day, like FistK said, we hear that he pulled the ultimate coward move and literally ran away to avoid getting caught cheating.

If he has any credibility left, Im having a real hard time seeing it, even when I squint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10057

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Wed May 20, 2015 8:43 am

Yeah and just wait until he suddenly finds his love for the sport again after his ban is lifted...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3277

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Wed May 20, 2015 3:18 pm

K ... let me get this straight... the NSAC has no credibility.... Silva has no credibility.... the UFC has lost credibility.... Dana and Joe.... well...

Does anyone miss the days where Tank Abbott just wanted to punch someone in the face for a few grand and go get a beer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25907

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Wed May 20, 2015 4:28 pm

I miss the days where two guys just wanted to knock a guy out or submit the other guy as quickly as possible. And they didn't get all butt hurt about not gettinga full 12 week camp full of game planning and strategy.

I also miss the days of fewer weight classes and stacked cards I could actually get excited about.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25907

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Wed May 20, 2015 4:28 pm

I miss the days where two guys just wanted to knock a guy out or submit the other guy as quickly as possible. And they didn't get all butt hurt about not gettinga full 12 week camp full of game planning and strategy.

I also miss the days of fewer weight classes and stacked cards I could actually get excited about.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Wed May 20, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm not even asking for THAT much!
I just miss the days when if you cheated, you got punished, everybody moved along, and that was it.
Fighter A gets caught using steroids. Commission suspends Fighter A. Fighter A does his time and comes back and fights again. Fighter B shuts the hell up and doesn't feel the need to provide his opinion on the matter. Dana doesn't pick and choose who to defend and who to chastise. Fighters fight. Fans watch. That's it.
Now we got the commissions double talking and back-tracking to cover their own incompetence, fighters getting on their high horses and singing their own praises every time another fighter gets caught cheating. Dana bouncing all over the place from one end of the scale to the other about who should be punished how hard for what and to whom we should grant leniency, and excuses upon excuses from fighters about how they didn't take or didn't know they were taking illegal substances.

Remember when MMA news sites were predominantly about actual MMA competition, and not about bi-laws, lawyers, appeals, rule interpretations, commission hearings, and accusations?
That was a fun time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   

Back to top Go down

Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1