UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

"The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56993

PostSubject: "The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!   Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Quote :
Following a six year absence from the octagon, Tamdan McCrory has returned, babayyy!!! All hail #TeamBarnCat!!

For those of you who aren’t familiar with McCrory’s story, it’s perhaps one of the best in recent memory. McCrory first entered the UFC back in 2007, where his unusual, “nerdy” look and 6′ 4″ frame immediately singled him out as a unique fighter in the promotion’s welterweight division. Of course, putting away a veteran of the game like Pete Spratt via triangle choke in his promotional debut was also a surefire way to get noticed.

McCrory would pick up wins over Luke Cummo and Ryan Madigan during his two-year UFC tenure, but losses to Akihiro Gono, Dustin Hazelett, and finally John Howard would see him released from the promotion in August of 2009. McCrory would not be seen nor heard from again for the next five years, which, according to his recent interview with MMAFighting, was never really a part of his plan:

I never really meant to take all that time off. It’s just the way circumstances lead you in life. I got so far out of the mix. For a time, I didn’t want to fight. There were times I didn’t want to, then there were times I wasn’t able to, and there were other things…injuries, problems. I just could never get the momentum enough to get competitive, or I just couldn’t find the right fights, or I couldn’t find someone who’d fight me, or I couldn’t find somebody who’d want to pay me.

But McCrory eventually did return at Bellator 123, scoring my personal frontrunner for “Most Badass Knockout of the Year and Maybe Ever” over Brennan Ward. “The Barn Cat” lived up to his unusual/awesome nickname and beyond that night, blistering Ward with a pinpoint series of strikes that felled the former middleweight title challenger in just over 20 seconds. McCrory would follow up the incredible victory with an equally impressive (and quick) submission of Jason Butcher at Bellator 134 last February, and it seemed as if Tamdan McCrory: Bellator Champion was all but inevitable.

But it appears that McCrory has his sights set on something slightly bigger than a Bellator crown, as it was announced yesterday that he has re-signed with the UFC. In fact, he apparently turned down a Bellator title shot to fight for the sport’s premiere organization:

"I left a title shot in [my last promotion] to come to the UFC. If I wanted to win that belt I could have stayed and done it, but I wanted to be back in the sport of MMA, not the MMA entertainment business."

http://www.cagepotato.com/tamdan-the-barn-cat-mccrory-is-back-in-the-ufc-and-we-cant-contain-our-excitement/

For those who didn't see it, here's his Bellator debut KO win over Brennan Ward.

War! War! War! War!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12927

PostSubject: Re: "The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!   Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:07 am

I'm actually really happy with news. was always a fan of his. i mean how can you not be a fan of a guy named barn cat.

War Barn Cat!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7829

PostSubject: Re: "The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!   Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:29 am

best knockout ever??? man that is stretching it.

cant say im excited about him being back in the UFC at best its MEH

he might win a few but I cant see him doing much in a stacked division.

he should have stayed at bellator to build his name up and then come over to the UFC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56993

PostSubject: Re: "The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!   Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:57 pm

"Most Badass Knockout Ever", not "best". lol

But honestly, the site I took this from doesn't take itself too seriously. They have no qualms about throwing around hyperbole just to troll people.

Troll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7829

PostSubject: Re: "The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!   Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 pm

lol i totally read that wrong hahahahaha

i was like hold on one god damn second
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10137

PostSubject: Re: "The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!   Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:31 am

Good for him - Hope he makes a run and some money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!   

Back to top Go down

"The Barn Cat" is Back in the UFC!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1