UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7833

PostSubject: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:41 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/2/9252003/mcgregor-im-done-with-featherweight-after-aldo-unless-edgar-earns-it

LOS ANGELES -- If Conor McGregor defeats UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo at UFC 194, he's done with the competition at 145 pounds.

"I'm hoping Jose will show up," McGregor said at a media event in downtown LA. "I'm going to retire him, end his career, and then I've done what I've said I'll do. I said I'm going to kill the featherweight division, there's nobody left."

But there's an asterisk at the end of McGregor's statement. The interim featherweight champion conceded that should Frankie Edgar put on a show against Chad Mendes on Dec. 11, that could cause him to postpone a move up to lightweight.

"If Frankie was to put on a phenomenal performance and stop Chad, or maybe something like that, then I can say, alright, let's answer the Frankie question, let's shut him down real quick," McGregor said. "But in my mind, I'm thinking, I'm going to unify the belts, I'm going to destroy the division, and then I'm going to take the lightweight division as well. That's where I'm headed right now."

Even though he's yet to unify the featherweight gold, McGregor's already throwing barbs at the top of the 155-pound pack. McGregor says a run at the lightweight title is purely about pursuing a championship legacy, since he's already making considerably more money than Rafael dos Anjos and Donald Cerrone, who will compete for the lightweight belt on Dec. 19.

"I wouldn't want to fight a lightweight guy to get the numbers because who the f---, Rafael has nothing, Donald has nothing," McGregor said. "Rafael will be looking to make six figures this fight, and rightfully so. He shouldn't even make six figures, because he doesn't even bring in six figures. Donald will scrape six figures because he shows up and fights every couple of weeks. But he don't earn much more than that. I already have the numbers, so when I go to the lightweight division, it will be to gain more gold, to warm up my other shoulder."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:44 pm

fan of conor but i cant wait until he gets ktfo
he is great at promoting he has that magical charm where you want to watch him fight because you hope he loses. similar fighters ronda, fmj, hulk hogan and mike tyson of the 1980s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56997

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:14 pm

"Magical charm"??

Come on, just call him a leprechaun! You know you want to!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:57 pm

its exactly what i was thinking while eating my lucky charms..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   

Back to top Go down

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1