UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Is Edmond Tarverdyan The Worst Coach In UFC?
 Yes
 No
 Undecided
View results
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5446

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:45 am

old favorites die hard. He is the first fighter that a friend showed me long time ago and the reason i love mma. i still think he is the best heavyweight of all time and tow three at least overall, but this is not good. Unless he ups his game soon, this will be his jordan in the washington uniform...no not even that, Jordan was still playing the best. It will be Jordan playing baseball but at 40
And im being a fan only from fighting point of view, I probably wouldnt be friends with him personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7707

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Nobuyuki Sakakibara and Scott Coker are teaming up. At least that is what it sounded like to me. didnt bellator say that they will cross promote with him and allow bellator fighters to compete against his fighters? i think this is a tune up fight. let these guys try to bring the old mma back and give fedor a few cans then cross him over with a lot of hype behind him.

Im the only person happy that i am going to get to see fedor get in a ring and absolutely destroy an opponent. To watch that will definitely excite me for bigger and better fights. its the fight game all of this promotoer bullshit is out the window. fedor is fedor no matter where he is or who he is fighting. say what you want but the guy already has a cemented legacy imo. who cares if he is trying to come back to make a few million dollars??? the fight game is usually short lived and you need to maximize every opportunity and im sure fedor doesnt give a shit about any person sitting at a computer mocking who he is fighting. fedor isnt a guy who hypes fights, talks shit, or even do many interviews so i dont understand why he gets so much hate from Hardcore MMa fans for the promotion he fights in or the competition he fights. Ive never heard fedor proclaim to be the best, a legend, or anything of that sort. he is a very humble, entertaining fighter who dominated MMA in the golden era and for that im thankful and excited to see him perform again no matter who he fights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57260

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:14 pm

He said he's coming back to fight against the best and has a fire in him that is driving him to test himself.

Then he agrees to fight this guy.

That's my problem with him, just to be clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:19 pm

wheres the source where he said that? i searched and came up with this
"Now this is being negotiated, in particular with the UFC, as well as some other promotions. I think it will soon be finally determined. As for the opponent, I would say that desire must comply opportunities. I would like to face the strongest fighters in the world - UFC champion Fabricio Werdum. Given that over three years, I did not fight during the first fight I would like to get involved, check for myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 13876

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:43 pm

im not sure how hes top 5...even 10 all time when he was more than likely on some sort of PED in pride(most of the guys were)and when pride was bought out he refused to fight the top guys then....and then was beat by ufc cast offs.....granted they were all beasts.... hendo...werdum and trt'd up bigfoot....but at the time not even in ufc top 3.......I just don't think he was ever that great....and shows no desire to fight top opponents.....

now all that being said.....financially I completely understand why hes not coming to ufc at this point but its not helping his "legacy" at all by avoiding top competition.

Last edited by norcalmatt on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:26 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
wheres the source where he said that? i searched and came up with this
"Now this is being negotiated, in particular with the UFC, as well as some other promotions. I think it will soon be finally determined. As for the opponent, I would say that desire must comply opportunities. I would like to face the strongest fighters in the world - UFC champion Fabricio Werdum. Given that over three years, I did not fight during the first fight I would like to get involved, check for myself.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/dont-look-now-but-fedor-emelianenko-says-hes-in-talks-with-the-ufc

“As for the opponent, I would say that desire must comply opportunities. I would like to face the strongest fighters in the world –"

“The desire to fight in my blood,” Emelianenko explained. “I’m in the sport for 11 years, my whole life is training and competition. Over the years, there has been a thirst not only to participate in battles, but also to transfer their knowledge and skills."

OK, I slightly misquoted that 2nd part. He said he has a thirst to compete, but apparently not against the best.....just like I said in the first place!
My mistake......
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 9977

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:06 pm

I dont know how he can have a thirst. He should be the most hydrated man in Russia judging by the pile of crushed cans he is surrounded by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:04 pm

He must be addicted to crushing cans.
Once you get addicted to something like that, no amount of crushed cans can ever satiate your thirst.
You just have to keep crushing more and more cans, only to never truly be satisfied or ever have your thirst for crushing cans truly quenched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25809

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm

In his defense, that's pretty much how Pride was.
You could make the same argument against Wandy Silva. Terrible success in the UFC. Goes to Pride where top 2 wins he ever had in 7 years was Quinton Jackson and Dan Henderson (who later KTFO him). I mean shit, how many times did he fight Sakuraba and Yoshida?

That being said, I don't think you can definitively say that Fedor or Wandy were not amongst the greatest ever.

I can totally understand how people will put down Fedor later in his career for avoiding fights.... but still don't think it was that simple when he was perhaps controlled a bit by Russia and his desire to compete in Sambo which some UFC contracts would not allow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Yeah I'm half joking and intentionally going a little overboard, but yeah; I've been saying for years that Pride was a can crusher's paradise. They built up a handful of fighters and just fed them cans to beat the living fuck out of over and over again.
Does that prove that those name guys were chumps and shit fighters? Of course not.
But it certainly doesn't prove that they were all-time great fighters, either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 pm

at that time in mma they were going against the best fighters in the world which made them the best fighters in the world. that was over 10 years ago. its the same thing as the best ufc fighters today fighting against the best ufc fighters. in 10 years from now if there is a bigger promotion than the ufc there will be a superstar fighter running through everyone and all the people who swear jon jones is the goat will be defending his legacy the same way fedor lovers defend his.

stock brings up a great point. fedor is the sambo king and he wouldnt have been able to participate with any tournaments because of ufc contracts and that sucks.

i know he hasnt fought the best of the best after pride but look at where his path of fighting went.

2006- pride closed
2007- he had 2 fights on small circut shows one being against a warrior in matt linland which was a great fight.
2008- signed with the next best promotion to the ufc affliction and beat 2 former ufc champions.
2009- signed with the next best promotion to the ufc strikeforce. and we all know what happened there.
after that he bounced around and retired.

after pride he has fought in premier leagues just not "the premier" league. i dont think it is because he doesnt want to fight the ufc roster i think its because he is smart and utilizes his skills in a smart business mind to maximize his opportunities. he could still compete in tournaments, has the privilege of fighting in several different promotions and stays active.

for the life of me i will never understand the hate that fedor gets. he is an exciting fighter and has fought some of the best fighters in the world and always goes for the kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32817

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:38 pm

I have decided any Fedor GOAT talk is all BS. If Fedor ever was/is the greatest he should be able to still compete with the top echelon of fighters today. If fuckin Arlovski can and has been, Fedor damn sure should be able to as well and he just hasn't. He hit his skid just as Andrei did, but the difference is Arlovski recovered by taking on and defeating better competition. While Fedor hit a skid, fought and (thankfully) defeated cans, retired and now is coming out of retirement to fight (likely) more cans....

Not trying to hate here, just stating facts. These are two fighters who came from the same era, both fought in premier orgs, are close in age and ring time. Yet only one of these guys is still at the top of the food chain and chooses to fight only the best competition he can get.

I don't Know

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Also in my defense, as the commie stated, old favorites die hard.

and Arlovski has been at the top of my list for a long time now.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Yeah I don't think anything I've said could be labeled as "hating" on Fedor (other than when I was admittedly joking and intentionally being over-the-top).
I don't have hatred toward him as a fighter, and think it's kind of BS that every time someone points out that the almighty Fedor probably wasn't that almighty afterall in hindsight that they're automatically labeled as hating on the guy.
It would've been great to see him in the UFC competed against "the best" (to use his own words), but he chose not to do that twice now. Contract freedom or no contract freedom, good business decision or not good business decision, if he truly in his heart wanted to compete against "the best", he had a clear and direct path to do that, and he chose not to.

Like I've already said, I don't blame him for following the money, but if that's what you're gonna do, but a lid on all that BS lip service about wanting to test yourself against the best, because that's obviously not what's most important to you. And it could be argued that it never was all that important to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm

but from a business stand point fedor will make almost 3 million dollars for a fight against arlovskis 225k..

and lets not lose focus here the entire hw division is really weak with all of the organizations combined. Arlovski beat schaub,silva,browne, and mir. to me none of those guys are the best in the world and if there was a decent hw division none of those guys would be in the top 10 imo. frank mir was in what many thought was a title elimintaor with arlovski after he beat todd duffee and anotnio silva..  silva was on a 3 fight losing streak, duffee never beat a guy in the top 30 and mir won 2 fights since 2011..

the top 10 in the ufc is

1. Fabricio Werdum
2. Junior Dos Santos
3. Travis Browne
4. Andrei Arlovski (113)
5. Alistair Overeem (113)
6. Stipe Miocic (107)
7. Mark Hunt (107)
8. Roy Nelson (40)
9. Ben Rothwell (27)
10. Matt Mitrione (

with the exception of 2 or 3 hw fighters the hw roster is an absolute joke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3218

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm

"WHO IS CALLING ME A CAN..... I fought The Paper Emperor and I aint no CAN ! (Well maybe)"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Fedor will NEVER fight Anderson. Silva has too much of a chance to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:02 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
but from a business stand point fedor will make almost 3 million dollars for a fight against arlovskis 225k..

and lets not lose focus here the entire hw division is really weak with all of the organizations combined. Arlovski beat schaub,silva,browne, and mir. to me none of those guys are the best in the world and if there was a decent hw division none of those guys would be in the top 10 imo. frank mir was in what many thought was a title elimintaor with arlovski after he beat todd duffee and anotnio silva.. silva was on a 3 fight losing streak, duffee never beat a guy in the top 30 and mir won 2 fights since 2011..

the top 10 in the ufc is

1. Fabricio Werdum
2. Junior Dos Santos
3. Travis Browne
4. Andrei Arlovski (113)
6. Stipe Miocic (107)
7. Mark Hunt (107)
8. Roy Nelson (40)
9. Ben Rothwell (27)
10. Matt Mitrione (

So what's your point, that because the HW division isn't that great right now then Fedor should just fight cans for money?

That's all well and good, but like I said, just say "I'm getting paid more here so this is where I'm going" and save the BS about wanting to fight best out there, because that's obviously a lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
but from a business stand point fedor will make almost 3 million dollars for a fight

“Information on the $ 2.5 million fee – this is absolutely not true,” Sakikabara told R-Sport (translated by BloodyElbow). “I’m sure that during various negotiations with US organizations, Fedor was offered a much larger amount than our options. The return of Fedor in Japan has completely nothing to do with money, and it is a fact.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:46 pm

@Triggerman99 wrote:

@drainbamage wrote:

and lets not lose focus here the entire hw division is really weak with all of the organizations combined. Arlovski beat schaub,silva,browne, and mir. to me none of those guys are the best in the world and if there was a decent hw division none of those guys would be in the top 10 imo. frank mir was in what many thought was a title elimintaor with arlovski after he beat todd duffee and anotnio silva..  silva was on a 3 fight losing streak, duffee never beat a guy in the top 30 and mir won 2 fights since 2011..

the top 10 in the ufc is

1. Fabricio Werdum
2. Junior Dos Santos
3. Travis Browne
4. Andrei Arlovski (113)
6. Stipe Miocic (107)
7. Mark Hunt (107)
8. Roy Nelson (40)
9. Ben Rothwell (27)
10. Matt Mitrione (

So what's your point, that because the HW division isn't that great right now then Fedor should just fight cans for money?

That's all well and good, but like I said, just say "I'm getting paid more here so this is where I'm going" and save the BS about wanting to fight best out there, because that's obviously a lie.

well yes and no..
someone made a comparison to arlovski and my point was who gives a shit that arlovski beat any of those guys he fought because they arent the best and in a stacked division they wouldnt even be top 15.
was the ufc hw division ever great? did they ever have a world famous hw fighter who made waves like a gsp anderson silva or jon jones?
it would make perfect sense for fedor to fight jds cain or werdum... outside of those 3 fights the ufc hw division offers nothing. if he beat ben rothwell, stipe, roy nelson, browne or revenged silva it would be blown off as fedor fighting scrubs again. it wouldnt be a smart move for him to dive right into the ufc and fight any of the top 3 guys after such a long layoff and for other reasons as well. lets also not forget the pay structure.. maybe the ufc wasnt offering him the money he felt he deserved..
everyone is jumping the gun on fedor and they dont know anything about the deal he inked. is it for only one fight? is it for 10 fights? is this a warm up to move over to the ufc or bellator or wsof??? no one knows but In his prime the man was untouchable. No doubt the greatest of his generation, and definitely in the top 5 of all-time, and you can make a pretty convincing case he’s the greatest of all time imo. He fought all the best fighters in his class during his prime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:56 pm

OK, well I thought you were downplaying the strength of the division as justification for him fighting 1-0 cans.
If that's not the case, my mistake.
If it is the case, we've reached am impasse my friend, because from where I'm standing, choosing to fight for a promotion that doesn't even yet exist against a 1-0 fighter who hasn't fought in 2 years when you had other offers on the table can't really be sliced any other way than fighting a can of cans for a big pay day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Whom ever the Paper Emperor Fights it will be for the most money he can get for the least possibility for damage to himself or his "legacy". That's the way it has been for his last 20-25 fights fights. It can only get worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:16 pm

@Triggerman99 wrote:
OK, well I thought you were downplaying the strength of the division as justification for him fighting 1-0 cans.
If that's not the case, my mistake.
If it is the case, we've reached am impasse my friend, because from where I'm standing, choosing to fight for a promotion that doesn't even yet exist against a 1-0 fighter who hasn't fought in 2 years when you had other offers on the table can't really be sliced any other way than fighting a can of cans  for a big pay day.

what were the other offers? were there any other offers? i know bellator said they werent making an offer. what offer did the ufc make to him? wsof? are we sure that they even offered him anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:20 pm

theres no justification for him fighting the 1-0 guy other than maybe he is doing Nobuyuki Sakakibara a favor to help him jumpstart his promotion because of the relationship he had with him in pride days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Well if there were no other offers (which I'd bet my right nut there were several) then they all probably knew Fedor wouldn't take less than top-flight money and co-promotional rights (just like last time he was a free agent), and no one was willing to pony up because he's not worth that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?   

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs. Anderson Silva In The Works?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next