UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

TUF anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56994

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Yeah I like the idea of rewarding someone for performing well. But eliminating them from the competition for not winning "excitingly enough"? That's asinine, IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32750

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:29 pm

I like the idea of just giving the more exciting fighters first pick of opponent in the next round.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Yeah now that I think about it, why is Dana picking fights from the 2nd round on, anyway? If the coaches and fighters get to pick the fights in the first round, why not just keep that format right on through?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12928

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 pm

So saul rogers and Connors guy Artim have both won to go to the finale. So the main event will be Artim and Ryan Hall.

What?!!!!! Thats right Saul Rogers lied on his visa and Dana gave Ryan hall the spot. Some of you know I used to train with Ryan a little bit over at Loyd irvins camp. He is a great guy and a very modest guy but i'm sorry this is not right. There are 2 other guys who deserve that spot more than he does. One is svenson who wasn't even eliminated from the tournament and ofcourse the last guy Saul beat. only conclusion Dana wanted a USA vs Europe finale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32750

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey, but it's better for ratings, right??

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:05 pm

stock wrote:
Hey, but it's better for ratings, right??

and i agree whats really bugging me is that we had a similar situation at TUF7 with Jesse Taylor and they brought back the two next top guys to fight for the spot. This season they just gave it to Ryan.

Playing conspiracy theory here, I think Connor let the cat out of the bag about Sauls Visa issue. Connor wants nothing more than to have Artim win the whole thing and to be honest I don't think Artim would have beaten Saul. Plus Connor got to choose who he wants as a replacement and he chose an American fighter with very limited striking skills. Instead of another European fighter. just seems a bit fishy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:44 pm

I had mixed feelings about the decision right away, but after I took a step back, it actually does make the most sense of any scenario.

Here's the options, along with a decent case for why Hall deserves it over each option:

-Replace Saul with the last guy he defeated- Marcin Wrzosek
Saul absolutely overwhelmed Marcin in a one-sided fight, then finished him. Both Hall and Marcin fought Saul, with Hall clearly giving him more of a fight, and not being finished. Not to mention Marcin had probably the easiest path to the semis in the first place.

-Replace Saul with the other semifinalist who lost in the other semifinal fight, Julian Erosa. Does anybody think Erosa would have any better luck against Artem in a rematch? That was hard to watch! At least Hall hasn't already been KO'd by Artem yet.

So if not one of the 2 fighters who lost in the semis, it has to be one of the fighters who lost in the quarterfinals.
Artem flattened Grutzemacher in the quarters, so he's off the table.
You could argue that the guy he replaced- Svensson- should get the chance because he never got his chance in the semis, but I could counter-argue that a guy who only fought once on the show has no case as to why he deserves it, fair or not, especially considering he was on the chopping block to be eliminated anyway because his fight against a much smaller fighter (Than Le) was so boring.

That leaves Ryan Hall, David Teymur, and Abner Lloveras as the choices.

Now look at their performances on the show, and try to convince yourself that one of those other two guys deserves this fight over Ryan Hall. If you're able to, you have a much better imagination that I!
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:43 am

Svensson should have gotten the spot. I see your argument with Hall but he was eliminated from the tournament by losing. While Svensson did not. As far as Hall making it further, I don't know how you can think a guy who fought once and won but couldn't continue via injury dosen't deserve the spot over a guy who won one and then followed it up with a loss. Hall was clearly eliminated from the tournament while Svensson was not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:30 pm

I just wrote this huge fucking response out and then somehow deleted it before sending it, so here's the abbreviated version.
If you're saying Svensson's claim to the spot is that he didn't lose his quarterfinal fight, then you're essentially saying he deserves it more than anyone that lost, including the two guys who lost in the semis, and that's a pretty tough sell. I'm not saying Hall deserves it more than anyone, just that he deserves it as much as anyone, if that makes sense.
I would agree with a play-in fight like when Amir Sodallah needed a replacement opponent in the finale, if it wasn't how that scenario played out. CB Dolloway got the spot, and Amir beat him by first round armbar in the finale, which was the exact same way their fight ended in their semifinal fight that Amir won to get to the finale. I think Dana is trying to avoid that by just picking someone.

One thing I don't like is that Svensson isn't even getting a fight on the finale. Erosa is fighting Marcin, which I get, giving they were the other two semifinalists, but the only other fight on the card with fighters from the show is Gritz vs Abner Lloveras. What?? Why?!? What was the formula for picking those two, especially Gritz?! He got booted once for being too boring, then got first round KOd in his next fight.

Of course, maybe Svensson is still hurt, did you consider that? That would make this whole debate kind of moot! Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:16 pm

1000% agree with you on the card There are so many more entertaining fighters than those 2. I would love to see Jucy J fight Vahn le that would be a good scrap. But yeah i give chris a little credit he looked much better in his fight with Artum but i still dont think he is that exciting to watch. Hopfully these guys get another chance even more so for Saul Rogers. I had him winning the whole thing. If he would have lost his fight for the finale than i would have picked Artum. But Saul was just real big and strong with a very good ground game and any one who can stuff Ryan halls sub game has some major ground skills.

Back to the original point i do agree with you that there should have been at least a fight to determine the winner. Like Hall vs Svensson (which would make a lot of sense seeing Svensson called out Hall after his win against Le) At least if hall went in and tapped Svensson i would be 1000% more supportive. I just felt like they gave him a gimme with out earning it. Plus it doesn't seem right that artum had to fight 3 times to get to the finale while hall only had to fight twice. But maybe i'm nit-picking a little on the last one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Well apparently he's not hurt, and he's in Vegas- on weight at 155- ready to step in if any LW on the card has to pull out.

http://www.mmaviking.com/martin-svensson-in-vegas-and-ready-for-potential-tuf-22-finale-fight/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Quote :
In a rare season when both fighters sported a loss entering the finale, Hall’s wizardry and ground-game prevailed as he defeated Lobov by unanimous decision (30-27 and 30-26 twice) to earn a contract with the UFC.

Well fuck. Face Palm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:48 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

Quote :
In a rare season when both fighters sported a loss entering the finale, Hall’s wizardry and ground-game prevailed as he defeated Lobov by unanimous decision (30-27 and 30-26 twice) to earn a contract with the UFC.

Well fuck. Face Palm

I 2nd that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUF anyone?   

Back to top Go down

TUF anyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The MMA Standard :: UFC-