UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Lawler vs Condit Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57068

PostSubject: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:20 am

Fucking amazing fight.
Condit won that fight.
That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 14049

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:43 am

thank goodness for my fantasy team that the judges didn't see it that way.......from the highlights though it looked like condit was getting the better of him.....ill have to watch it in a day or 2 once im done working 15 hour days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32806

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:04 am

I have to watch too.
From what I've read, Conditt threw a ridiculous volume of punches. Although, Lawler seemed to have rocked Conditt more times.

On paper seems like Conditt should have won, but I'll have to watch. It doesn't help that I still have that terrible Nick Diaz fight stuck in the back of my head where Conditt outpointed Diaz with a bunch of leg kick jabs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:28 pm

This wasn't like the Condit/Diaz fight. Condit was snapping Lawler's head back throughout the fight with solid jabs and counters.
Condit did out point Lawler throughout the fight, but it wasnt a case of brawn vs beauty, with alternating instances of Condit picking him apart and Lawler rocking him with bombs. It was more like Condit out pointing Lawler and also rocking him on a few occasions, while Lawler just rocked Condit on a few occasions without much volume throughout the fight.
Lawler won the 5th round. It was an awesome round, with both guys just digging deep and trying to do anything and everything to take the other guy out and make him go away. Lawler had Condit in trouble in one exchange without a doubt, but the round ended with both guys just laying into each other. It wasn't like Condit was just covering up and trying to survive, as the Joe Rogans of the world were screaming throughout the round.
Other than the 5th, I'd be hard pressed to find another round that Lawler won, and there's no way I could find 3 total that he won.

Great fight, but it was cheapened by a bad decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5619

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:51 pm

great fucking fight. i love lawler so much that i wont be screaming robbery throughout, but from one time viewing, in my eyes condit won. I like condit too, seems like a very intelligent man. (im just glad not one of them felt the necessity to declare their love for god after beating each other to death). Condit won three rounds for sure, in the first, third and forth, he was busier while the damage was about equal. Lawler won second for sure, with that knockdown, (he could have easily mixed in some takedown, like he is trained to do. he is a wrestler after all...i still dont get it why fighters forget about weapons at their disposal. it's not like condit is hard to take down.) The fifth round could be lawler's too, but it not like he dominated condit which could sway my and judges opinion, condit was fighting til the very end too...
ugh on another note, arlovski literally has no chin. I am convinced that he would have been a long time champ, with the skill he possesses, if only he didnt wear all his facial nerves on the outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:12 am

Yeah Arlovski kind of made me forget about his glass jaw with the Browne fight, when he got nailed and nearly put away before roaring back. But yeah, he can't typically absorb a solid shot without going down.
Miocic did a good job of going in there and shutting him down early.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10204

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:37 am

I thought Lawler definitely won rounds 2 and 5. Condit definitely won rounds 1 and 4 and I thought round 3 was very close.
When I watched it originally I thought Condit took round 3, but it was close enough imo that I wouldnt be bent about it either way.

I thought it was very close...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12984

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:37 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/carlos-condit-could-retire-after-ufc-195-loss-to-robbie-lawler-tonight-was-do-or-die

Looks like Condit may retire now. Very sad if that does happen. Would love to see a rematch. I also thought Condit edged it out but it was very close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7886

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:09 pm

lawler didnt do anything until the 5th round. it was like waiting for a firecracker to go off.
condit did the absolute best he could against one of the toughest fighters in the world. he executed a perfect game plan until the 5th round. in my eyes it wasnt even close. i had condit winning by a mile. when i heard it was a split decision i couldnt believe it. Lawler knows he lost that fight and the thing that sucks is that i dont care for a rematch because there is not a single thing condit could do that will be better than the performance he gave that night. sucks for him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Its not whole fight scoring.

Lawler dropped Condit hard in the 2nd round and definitely took that round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:04 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
lawler didnt do anything until the 5th round. it was like waiting for a firecracker to go off.
condit did the absolute best he could against one of the toughest fighters in the world. he executed a perfect game plan until the 5th round. in my eyes it wasnt even close. i had condit winning by a mile. when i heard it was a split decision i couldnt believe it. Lawler knows he lost that fight and the thing that sucks is that i dont care for a rematch because there is not a single thing condit could do that will be better than the performance he gave that night. sucks for him

Well I had Condit winning, but it was definitely a close fight with one round going one way or the other being the difference. I wouldn't go so far as to say Lawler did nothing or it wasn't even close or anyone won by a mile.
I've seen much, much worse calls than this, I'll put it that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 pm

@Triggerman99 wrote:

@drainbamage wrote:

Well I had Condit winning, but it was definitely a close fight with one round going one way or the other being the difference. I wouldn't go so far as to say Lawler did nothing or it wasn't even close or anyone won by a mile.
I've seen much, much worse calls than this, I'll put it that way.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:08 pm

lawler did absolutely nothing for 4 rounds
he threw a combined total 85 punches in the first 4 rounds with only 39 landed. thats with 0 take down attempts and 0 submission attempts. 85 punches in 20 minutes in a pure stand up fight is doing nothing.
in the 5th round he threw 92 punches with 53 connected and was in a real fight.

i know lawler won the 2nd round but every other round i personally had for condit. i understand he may have hit carlos harder but he only had 1 knockdown in 25 minutes and condit was never in any trouble besides that 2nd round ( i believe ) condit delivered a special performance and im not bitter about the loss but i cant for the life of me see how robbie won that fight.

i guess its how people judge fights. but to me condit is the champion and he IMO got robbed for sure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 pm

and not to mention robbie was only punching. carlos hit him with leg kicks body kicks etc . its really crazy to me that he lost that fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:36 pm

There's more to fight than strikes thrown/landed though.
We also have to factor in the ever popular intangibles known as "aggression and Octagon control".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:03 am

Who looked more f'ed up after the fight?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:56 pm

That too.
Like I said at the beginning, I think Condit won. But it's not like I think he took Lawler to the woodshed and then the judges went and made one of the worst calls ever.
This was just one of those awesome, hellacious, back and forth fights that are a little more difficult to call, but I think Condit did edge him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20229

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Knowing that Condit was even talking of retirement prefight kinda makes me glad he didn't win. You don't want a guy who wants to retire immediately with the belt becoming champion IMO
It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think the fight was very close and not being a big fan of Condit and a huge fan of Lawler I was happy to see him take it. I think like fistK said it was the 3rd round that could go either way. I certainly don't think the strike numbers alone depict the fight accurately... never been a fan of just points getting the W.
All that aside it was a damn good fight!

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 am

Call me crazy, but I see that fight being a draw... but I would give the edge to Lawler.

Maybe it's a good thing I am not a judge, because I don't get all excited about super heavy volume when there is not a lot of damage created from it. I felt on average Lawler's strikes hit harder.

Pretty much the same reason I thought Dillashaw beat cruz.... but this time I was not in line with the judges.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:35 pm

@stock wrote:
Who looked more f'ed up after the fight?

feel free to watch and judge for yourself. its quiet apparent that lawler got beat up. 21 minutes carlos 22 minutes lawler

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:59 pm

@Triggerman99 wrote:
There's more to fight than strikes thrown/landed though.
We also have to factor in the ever popular intangibles known as "aggression and Octagon control".

you have to be kidding me. seriously condit did not stop moving forward the entire fight. he threw 500 strikes in that fight how could you say he wasnt the aggressor? thats just insane. lawler threw a total of 86 strikes in 1200 seconds of fighting ( rounds 1-4) thats a punch every 13-14 seconds and you think that is aggressive or octagon control?

for the entire fight
lawler landed 3 leg kicks to condit with 33
lawler landed 7 body shots compared to condits 47
lawler landed 14 clinch shots to condits 27
lawler landed 2 ground shots to condits 0- only category he won in.
lawler landed 82 head strikes to condit 97
0 take downs for both
and a clear aggressive style of condit pushing forward the entire fight.

i know people will argue but to me personally this was the biggest robbery that i ever saw in 20 years of watching MMA. the only one that comes close to this is shogun/machida.

i love lawler as a fighter but he did absolutely nothing in the first 4 rounds and condit did everything right. if lawler fought the way he did in the 5th round for the previous rounds id have nothing to say but it was as clear as crystal that he was doing nothing to win.

and carlos condit is the absolute last thing from a point fighter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawler vs Condit Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Lawler vs Condit Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1