UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10202

PostSubject: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:43 am

...UFC 197.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32804

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:53 am

Really like the Holm/Tate fight.
I normally wouldn't like the other one, but this one really intrigues me for some reason. Is it a title fight?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57066

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 am

I don't like it.
I love McGregor, but this is too much in my opinion. What if he wins then gets hurt and is out for 6 months or so? That's zero title fights in two divisions for probably almost a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 am

Yeah, that's why I asked if it was a title fight.
I'd like it better if it wasn't, unless he wanted to vacate the FW title.

At the end of the day, I don't really care if a fight is a title fight or not though. As long as I am seeing good fights.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12982

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:35 am

I smell a new women's and Lw champ!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:58 pm

@Gecko wrote:

Wouldn't that be funny?? Ronda has to be the challenger to the champion, Miesha Tate. lol
I'm pretty sure Ronda would intentionally break her arm again just for having the audacity to dare be the champion in Ronda's presence. She would find a way to take it as personal insult by Miesha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12982

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:03 pm

@Triggerman99 wrote:

@Gecko wrote:

Wouldn't that be funny?? Ronda has to be the challenger to the champion, Miesha Tate. lol
I'm pretty sure Ronda would intentionally break her arm again just for having the audacity to dare be the champion in Ronda's presence. She would find a way to take it as personal insult by Miesha.

hahahaha I didnt even think about that. Oh man imagine the smirk on Tates face at weigh-ins. I think i would pay ppv price for that alone!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 14047

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:04 am

i think ''and still" x2

I feel like rda will be able to handle McGregor and holm can take misha........although I wouldn't be extremely surprised if they went the other way......and if they do, then dang im 1000% sold on conner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5617

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:41 pm

He's ducking Frankie!
but seriously, i feel bad for Edgar. He might have to wait for almost a year from his last fight. Who knows, Mcgregor might even get so bet up that it might be longer. It's very possible. All RDA have to do is take Mcgregor down, which is not that hard, and elbow him to death, which is not hard either; Mcgregor's ground defense is like Andersons.
Here is conspiracy theory that makes some sense: Mgregor and ufc really see Frankie as a legitimate threat, as he is not as easily readable as Aldo and has good grappling, and have decided to cash in as far as they can before risking it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 14047

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:34 pm

I have no doubt that they want to hold off as long as possible for the Edgar fight....I think Frankie is smart enough to not play macs game and beat him on the ground.....but also Frankie has solid boxing and great movement
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:58 pm

@the commie wrote:

Here is conspiracy theory that makes some sense: Mgregor and ufc really see Frankie as a legitimate threat, as he is not as easily readable as Aldo and has good grappling, and have decided to cash in as far as they can before risking it all.

That's not really much of a conspiracy theory, due to the fact that it's pretty much common knowledge.
lol!

I think Dana probably thought the ride was over at the Aldo fight,  but Conor cracked Aldo and gave Dana a bonus 6 months or so of cashing in. It's all gravy from this point on, and Dana's gonna stretch it out as best he can. The best way to do that is to bounce him around between 2 divisions.
Even though I'm a McGregor fan, I hope he loses to dos Anjos so we can stop this 2 division nonsense and have him defend the belt in his own division like he's supposed to. He shouldn't be fighting for the LW title. It's ridiculous.

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 am

well, i forgot what crowd im talking to.
lol how is that for ego boost
but anyway, many of my other conversations about Mcgregor have not been so clear cut. A lot of fans do think that a fight at lightweight is the best choice competition wise for him. Only after i paint the picture do they start to question, although most still dont see Frankie as a match, since Mcgregor beat one of the all time greats.
Frankie would not play games with Mcgregor; wouldn't rush in head first and leave his feet behind, wouldn't succumb to the desire to prove himself on the feet if he sees an opening for a takedown either. He just wants to get the belt, and has all the tools to do so.
I see Edgar as a bigger threat to Mcgregor than Dos Anjos. If RDA keeps chasing him around like Rousey did against Holm, which he might since his striking is powerful but predictable,he will pay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:46 am

Yeah most people will believe in the Dana Hype Train no matter what the content. If Dana says the best matchup for Georges St. Pierre in his comeback fight is a 165lb catchweight fight with McGregor, then those people are going to immediately convince themselves that McGregor will absolutely win if he does A, B, and C.

With that said, yes, I think Frankie is a bad matchup for Conor, and yes, I think dos Anjos is also a bad matchup for him (but I agree that Frankie's chances look much better matchup-wise).
But like I've said many times now; I've given up on betting against McGregor. The way things are going, he's gonna end up with the FW title, the LW title, the women's BW title, the Nathan's Hotdog Eating Championship, and all of Floyd Mayweather's boxing titles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3389

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Match up .... smatch up.... I don't think it really matters right now who Connor gets.... he is Chuck Liddel unbeatable... sure he will have his day but it won't be at the hands of Frankie.

As for Tate.... who's going to beat her again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:14 pm

Tate appears to be a very big dog in this fight.
I'll probably drop some money on her if it continues that way.

I think Holm was a bad matchup for Rousey, but I just keep thinking back to that fight that Raquel Pennington gave her all she could handle.
I don't think Tate is as much of a dog as most people tend to think.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:26 pm

I just saw an article making the case that Tate should actually be favored in this fight.
Basically line of thinking is that Tate is better than Ronda everywhere except for the judo throw and the armbar, but Ronda is so good at those that it just negates everything Tate brings to the table.
It's a bit of a reach and probably not entirely true, but I can see some truth to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:05 am

as a judoka, i can say that what judo brings to the table, besides throws, is the control. Just like in wrestling, the goal in judo is to be on top, and it is done as quickly as possible.
Actually, that is my main beef with jui-jitsu schools. they teach all the submissions, but do not put an emphasis on speed. Aggression. Which is kind of logical, since they removed all takedowns from judo, in the beginning, when judo arrived in Brasil.
So, what Rhonda is better at is: balance, reading movement, top control, aggression, throws, armbars. And maybe some other submissions, since judo has majority of the jiu-jitsu moves.
if Tate doesn't cut angles, she will suffer fate worse than rousey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:53 pm

So, I wonder when Rousey will be ready again. Maybe she'll just keep doing gigs in movies, SNL and sports magazines for a while longer.

Got an ESPN text alert yesterday saying that Rousey has asked Dana for more time off and will not be fighting at UFC 200 as initially expected.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:32 pm

@stock wrote:
So, I wonder when Rousey will be ready again.  Maybe she'll just keep doing gigs in movies, SNL and sports magazines for a while longer.

Got an ESPN text alert yesterday saying that Rousey has asked Dana for more time off and will not be fighting at UFC 200 as initially expected.

Doesn't surprise me at all. She seems like she doesn't deal with adversity very and would much rather do anything right now than try to avenge the loss. I mean this is the same woman who said that if she lost to Holm in a rematch she'd likely retire, so Im not really surprised she's not chomping at the bit to get back in there and fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7884

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:21 pm

didnt the same thing happen with gina carano?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Yeah, but Carano never really seemed to believe that she was unbeatable and untouchable like Ronda did. I think Carano wasn't really ever all that invested in fighting and was just being marketed because she was so hot.
I don't think she really took the loss hard because she didn't really view herself as Queen Shit of All the Realm like Ronda seemed/seems to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:30 am

Big surprise. Dos Anjos pulls out.
4th time in McGregor's career that his original opponent has pulled out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7884

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 pm

id love to see conor fight wonderboy that would be amazing. it would be like 2 ninjas in the cage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10202

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:50 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
id love to see conor fight wonderboy that would be amazing. it would be like 2 ninjas in the cage

lol...would be fun...i think pettis would be fun as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Yeah, that would be sweet.

Pettis and Cerrone have to be the best two REALISTIC options though, right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...   

Back to top Go down

McGregor vs RDA and Holm vs Tate set...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next