UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5619

PostSubject: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:03 am

i am so happy that sage lost. i am sick of this preferential treatment for the popular, good looking fighters. (with the exception of Page. dont anybody be talking 'bout her. I must break you)
But sage is an anime character. and just as deep.

Also, finally, maybe they can stop talking about bader as a contender. Holy shit that was annoying. He was always a pretender.

Sad that barnett lost. if he could put any power in his punches he would have demolished most including rothwell. Who is not a world beater. He walks through punches, and that can take you only so far.
When rothwell began to claim that that neck crank which he calls a choke was invented by his coach, at least i got some laughs out of otherwise lackluster night.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32806

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:56 pm

Wow Bader looked like shit.
Tries a shot from halfway across the ring and even though Johnson whiffed at a hook, he still had no problem sprawling as well. Once it was on the ground, Johnson just looked like a grizzly bear on top of him having his way.

Northcutt should perhaps work on some ground defense rather than just try to bearhug an opponent hoping for a standup.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 14049

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:37 pm

ill say this for sage....1st...hes young and wasn't fully committed to training....he was at tri star and his dad(main trainer) pulled him out...maybe he needs to tell his pops that if hes going to make it he needs real trainers and a team......

2nd.....as far as the hype train goes....its all dana...sage himself has always been a nice humble guys and has said he doesn't buy in to any hype and hes just happy to be a part of things...

I'm sure if he wants it he will be back and will be more focused.....im sure being a full time student (with tons of puss being thrown at him) is a bit of a distraction
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20229

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Yeah... but Sage didn't even attempt to "answer the phone"... no defense what so ever... WTF?

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 am

yeah...maybe a quick tap but dudes young and has a long career ahead if he wants it......all I'm saying is hes never been a trash talker or cockey at all.....not like ronda or connor or other fighters have in the past.....hes getting tons of post loss hate as if hes the one who talked himself in to the position hes in or built himself up to be some unstoppable super soldier....and hes been the opposite of that imo and doesn't deserve the hate hes getting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10204

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:37 am

I am with Norcal on this one.

I hate seeing Sage getting shit all over, because the UFC was marketing him. Everything I have seen from him has been a very likable kid.

I dont know why people get so angry when someone gets preferential treatment over others. Yeah it would be nice if everyone was treated the same, but nots the way the world works and if he seems like a good kid I just say good for him or anyone else in the same boat.

If he had come out and started some kind of rant about how he was going to take over the ufc or something I would have loved seeing him get tooled, but that wasn't the case.

Ah well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57068

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:49 am

No, he doesn't deserve the hate he's been getting because it's not his fault the UFC pegged him as the next big thing.
But he also didn't deserve the recognition and star power he's been getting because the UFC pegged him as the next big thing (which he's clearly not).

It all evens out in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:54 am

I agree with you.

Agreed that he didnt deserve the recognition and his fall from grace was inevitable. I just didnt understand all of the vitriol aimed in the kids direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Well you know how us fans can be sometimes. Dana starts trying to tell us what we should be believing and our natural reaction is to find any reasons to feel otherwise, ridiculous as those reasons may be.

I blame Dana for trying to cram this kid down our collective throats. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Well once again I actually agree with you 100% so now I am just talking and not debating lol.

I just think that as adults; the same as we can say "i aint letting dana influence wtf i like" we should also be able to conclude that it aint the kids fault.

Ah well #2 lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5619

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:46 pm

its not like i wish ill will on Sage. He is after all just a teenager. (i dont wish ill will on almost anybody, except Vin Diesel, of course) An earnest one at that.
But what i said is still true, he doesnt deserve the treatment he got as the next best thing and he does come across as somewhat shallow. Well, he is a kid...
And Fist, inequality is never an ok occurrence, no matter how prevalent it is. Just because the world is unfair doesn't mean it should be and we shouldn't fight it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:54 pm

I never said inequality was ok nor did I say we should be ok with it. I just said why take it out on the kid just because he is the beneficiary of said treatment when it wasnt his fault. I say good for him.

Anyways, you only said you were glad he lost. No big deal. I wasnt referring to you when I was talking about all the venom being spewed at the kid from the interwebz i just used your thread to say my peace lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7886

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:07 pm

people should be blaming sages father for pulling him out of tristar. guy seems like a control freak and he will ultimately ruin his sons promising career. at 19 sage has the world ahead of him. this was the perfect scenario for him to lose and now to regroup. he could always claim he was fighting out of his weight class or whatever else.. give him some time to build himself up and i personally think the ufc is right that they do have a huge star on their hands. seems like the nicest most humble person you could meet and i hope he bounces back with a vengeance.

bader looked terrified in the ring and might have attempted the worst takedown that i have ever watched in an mma fight. he is the prime candidate to move to bellator imo.

rothwell- hell fucking yeah!!!! i hope he gets a title shot and becomes champion. i love that guy and he brings it. he looks amazing lately and his striking and submissions have been top notch. i wish he had more defense tho. only so long your body could handle that until you start to fall apart like jake ellenberger

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32806

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Agree with most the Sage comments.
This was the first fight I watched of him from beginning to end, so I was a bit surprised he had no ground defense whatsoever. He never once tried to improve position, re-gaurd, or anything. He simply just hugged as tight as he could hoping for a standup. Then he got tapped by a half-assed arm triangle from the wrong side of half gaurd. He was toast the second it went to the ground.

He needs to go to a good wrestling camp and do NOTHING except work on ground control and getting back to his feet for 4-6 months straight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:57 pm

@stock wrote:
He never once tried to improve position, re-gaurd, or anything.  He simply just hugged as tight as he could hoping for a standup.  Then he got tapped by a half-assed arm triangle from the wrong side of half gaurd.  He was toast the second it went to the ground

Superficial Part Time MMA Fan wrote:
Yeah, but......he's ripped, has a sweet haircut, kicks all flashy and shit, and does back flips when he wins! That's what's important!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:34 pm

apparently he was in the hospital just before the fight and wasn't healthy during the fight.....strep or something.....that's what hes saying anyhow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,   

Back to top Go down

and then...kendoll got screwed by a chubby bearded guy,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1