UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Is Edmond Tarverdyan The Worst Coach In UFC?
 Yes
 No
 Undecided
View results
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little?
 Yes, I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about him so much.
 Yes, I was afraid he was gathering too much power and leverage.
 Yes, I just want to see him stay at FW and see what he can do there.
 No, I wanted to see him run the table for as long as possible.
 No, I think the bigger the star he is, the better it is for the sport.
View results
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57262

PostSubject: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:02 pm

I know we're all fans to some degree, but do you think it's a bad thing or a good thing that he finally lost?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:49 pm

This sport thrives on the BIG NAMES, the fighters who keep the fans coming back, the ppv'rs ppv-ing and the casual fans watching. Name recognition fills seats and sells ppv's and make the whole thing run. The real big money comes when Bigger than life fighters go on bigger than life runs and fill the BIG BANK ACCOUNTS.

I always like to see the long undefeated runs and as a fan always ready to jump on the band wagon.

Too bad my ppv money has all dried up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7709

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:52 pm

i put i wanted to see his run last longer. i was getting behind him. he is amazing at what he did. he automatically went to superstardom and you know you hit that level when you are so big that people will watch to see you lose. in my opinion there are only a handful of people who are in that category. id say the oldschool Anderson silva and john jones but the elite of this group is conor and Mayweather. i know that may seem a bit exaggerated but this is how i classify conor.

I for one think he was pretty graceful in defeat and I am excited to see him fight at 145 again and i hope its against frankie.

but man conor seems to have no gas at 170, seems a bit chinny, and his ground game is complete shit. i just wonder is conor the type of guy if you make it out of the 1st he blows his wad and you could have your way? lots of questions still
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57262

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:58 pm

I don't want to see him go away, that's for sure.
I haven't had nearly enough Conor McGregor yet, and I hope he wins 20 more UFC fights.
But I do think this loss was a good thing.
Conor McGregor the FW was an assassin, unapologetically kicking ass and taking names. But then after he won the title something flipped for me. He started to cross the line from unstoppable conquerer to greedy king harvesting more than he could possibly need.
I was never really on board with him jumping around weight classes when he never even defended his title once. Perhaps I should be pointing the finger at Dana for allowing it to happen, but regardless, I prefer he rule the kingdom he conquered rather than leaving the throne cold right after capturing it.

I voted yes, I want to see him go back to FW and see what he can do there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25811

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 am

Yeah, I just hate the overhype of any one individual.
Probably why I like college sports more than professional sports for football and basketball. The pro sports are all about marketing the star players as much as possible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5448

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:05 am

i would say yes, but my option is not there. Yes because he need to come down a bit. For his skill and career sake. He is not there yes, not that great. He has holes he needs to work on and this should make him do so. Hopefully
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32827

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:59 pm

I voted yes pretty much for the same reason as the commie.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:16 pm

OMFG ! Chrom that is one great avatar.... heh cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32827

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:08 pm

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)   

Back to top Go down

Are you glad/relieved that the Conor McGregor hype has been curbed a little? (poll)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1