UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7884

PostSubject: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Apparently UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Miesha Tate took the Amanda Nunes fight at UFC 200 instead of accepting the challenge of an immediate rematch at the landmark event against former champion Holly Holm.

In speaking with The Albuquerque Journal this week, Holm’s manager, Lenny Fresquez, claimed that his fighter would soon be returning to the Octagon in a non-title fight, but that it’s only because “Cupcake” Tate took a “weaker opponent” for her first title defense..

“They tell me Tate chose (Nunes),” Fresquez told the Journal on Thursday in a phone interview. “Holly was offered to her and she chose Nunes. She chose to take a weaker opponent.

“She’s not as stand-up as Holly. She said she’d take on the best, but she’s not willing to take on the best. Holly gave her a chance. We’re pretty disappointed she didn’t return the favor.”

http://www.mmanews.com/manager-tate-turned-down-holm-rematch-at-ufc-200-for-weaker-opponent/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:28 pm

wow that is shitty if that is true..

I wonder if they are making Honda vs holly 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 14047

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:35 pm

I don't necessarily like nunes getting the shot but I do think holm v ronda 2 needs to happen to see who gets the shot......I really hope that fight happens before either fight for the belt again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57066

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Of course Tate's manager is gonna be pissed that she didn't get an immediate rematch, but he doesn't need to throw shade like that and attack Tate's character. It makes him look worse than Tate in the character department.

Holm just lost to Tate in her last fight. She has no more claim to a title shot than anyone else. Maybe less than most, depending on what your formula is.

And I agree with matt; Holm/Rousey 2 is the fight to make. That's the fight both Rousey and Dana said they wanted when it was politically correct to say so, so make it happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32804

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:34 pm

It's total sour grapes.

You just lost! Get over it, and work your way back up to a title fight.
It's not like it was a questionable split decision in an all out war or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3389

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Managers should just stfu and let their fighters fight, organizers organize and fans do the bitching and complaining. Focus on managing your fighter getting them in the best position for their next fight and not insulting other fighters. While hiding behind the fact that although Tate could kick your ass for such a comment, she is precluded from doing so by law and the rules of the ufc, you chickencrap maternal procreator. (sorry at work)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Quote :
 While hiding behind the fact that although Tate could kick your ass for such a comment, she is precluded from doing so by law and the rules of the ufc, you chickencrap maternal procreator. (sorry at work)

Best comment of the week, if for no other reason than the creative un-cussing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:14 am

hollys manager stated we gave meisha a chance as if she didn't deserve a title shot and who else would have holly fought considering ronda was out with a broken jaw and no timeline for a return?

holly also turned down a fight against cyborg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:00 pm

I like Holm, but it's stuff like this that makes me quickly change my tune.
She was a breathe of fresh air after the Rousey reign. This guy needs to STFU and let her speak for herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:05 pm

that's the problem.... she is like a zombie she never speaks for herself he chooses everything for her and ultimately this could tarnish her career.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Actually when I've heard her speak in interviews is what I'm referring to when i say she's a breathe of fresh air.
She's typically very respectful and seems to give honest, open answers and genuinely seems like a nice person.
But then this turd goes and opens his mouth and makes the whole camp sound like a bunch of bitter whine-asses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10202

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:17 am

I agree with you guys this dude should stfu.

That being said I dont really like the fact that Tate is turning down fights.  First of all why is the UFC asking who her she wants to fight?

Secondly, if she did choose Nunez over Tate I hope Nunez beats her ass for karma sake.

But I am with you guys that this dude is tarnishing Holm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:52 am

yeah I agree.. nunez isn't an easy fight and if tate is thinking that she is well it might be a bad night for her. if nunez wins its going to be a shit show for womens mma. you don't want the belt passed around like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”   

Back to top Go down

Manager: Tate Turned Down Holm Rematch At UFC 200 For “Weaker Opponent”
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1