UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7884

PostSubject: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:26 pm

According to UFC Bantamweight contender Raphael Assuncao, he is ready and willing to make his Octagon return whenever the UFC calls him. He also claims he actually had a date for a return match against T.J. Dillashaw, a fight he thought was set until Dillashaw pulled out.

“I’m 100% right now, ready to return to action,” Assuncao said to BloodyElbow.com. “We’re just waiting on the UFC now. T.J. Dillashaw and myself, we were offered a main event fight which was going to be the May 29 card. It looks like he was hurt then, so that fight didn’t happen. But that was the original plan for my return, May 29, T.J. vs. myself. He wasn’t ready. Somebody else took the spot.”

Assuncao continued, pointing out that Dillashaw claimed he was ready in case Urijah Faber or Dominick Cruz pulled out of the upcoming title fight at UFC 199, but somehow isn’t ready to fight him in their proposed rematch.

“The funny thing is that, [Dillashaw] said in an interview that he was ready to step in if either Urijah or [Dominick Cruz] was hurt, he was ready to step up a week later, but for our main event fight, he wasn’t ready. So try to figure that out,” said Assuncao. “As far as the ankle, I’m ready to get back in action. It’s been a long time. A lot of emotions right now. I’m a little anxious right now to get back to action. I’m ready to put my name back in line.”

Assuncao finished the story, explaining why he is still waiting to find out when and where he will be making his Octagon return.

“I can’t sit and wait for anybody anymore,” he said. “That’s something that me and my good agent, we’re gonna discuss. I can’t sit and wait for people and hope. After T.J. pulled out of main event fight, I thought they would replace him with another fight. So I was expecting a replacement. But that didn’t happen.”

“A whole new main event was placed, and the card was done a couple days after. So I was kind of left there by myself, but hopefully we’ll get a fight soon. I’m still hoping for Dillashaw, which is a fight that makes sense if he wants the next shot. I think it’s my shot next anyways. I’ve been saying that for two years. By position and ranking, fight win streak, I’ve been the guy for two years now. I know things happen, stuff happens, stuff changes, but I think I’m still the guy.”

Dominick Cruz defends the UFC Bantamweight Title against Urijah Faber in a trilogy bout in the co-main event of UFC 199. Headlined by Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman in an immediate rematch for the UFC Middleweight Title, UFC 199 takes place on Saturday, June 4, 2016 at The Forum in Los Angeles, California.

http://www.mmanews.com/assuncao-says-tj-dillashaw-rematch-was-set-dillashaw-backed-out/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57066

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Assuncao should've gotten the shot at Dillashaw before Barao/Dillashaw 2, and he also should be fighting Cruz right now instead of Cruz/Faber 3.

He's right. He's been at the front of the line for awhile now. He at least deserves a title eliminator fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32804

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:09 pm

What is Faber "0-for" in UFC title fights now?

5?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm pretty confident with a loss this next fight will be fabers last
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:03 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
I'm pretty confident with a loss this next fight will be fabers last

That's what I said the last two times, and he just keeps on showing up again.

Going back the last time he actually held a world title (in the WEC when he lost it to Mike Brown) he's 0-5 in title fights since.
He lost the rematch to Brown and later lost to Aldo in the WEC, both at featherweight, then went to the UFC and lost 3 more shots at a bantamweight title against Barao twice and Cruz once, and now he's getting another shot at Cruz.

My guess is that after he loses, he'll go beat somebody else while the McGregor/Aldo/Edgar clusterfuck sorts itself out, then he'll immediately go back to featherweight and get a title shot there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:44 am

I hate to say this but id much rather see faber fight conor than cruz.
I think that is the fight to make if edgar/aldo beats conor in his next fight.

stylistically that is a very interesting fight plus it would be a huge draw imo.

who knows maybe faber beats cruz, moves up to face the 45 champ and beats them and he retires into that beautiful California sun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:03 pm

Id rather he fight neither.

IMO he's at the point in his career where he should be taking superfights or "big money" fights, not continuously being put into title eliminators and title fights over and over again because so badly wants to see him with a UFC belt around his waist.

I know some people will say "yeah but the only time he loses is in title fights and he beats everybody else and blah blah blah blah blah". Great, yeah that's a solid point if the guy has only fought for a title once or twice, but it loses it's luster when said fighter is staring down the barrel of 6 straight title fight loses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:53 pm

I agree with you

BUT

its the style of fight that he brings that makes it Ok imo. he goes out there for the kill every time and is super exciting to watch. plus hes such a likeable guy. that's the only reason I could see the ufc doing what they do

but there comes a time where enough is enough
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Yeah I like Faber, don't get me wrong. He seems like possibly the nicest guy on the planet.

But it's getting a little stale seeing him constantly being pushed to the front of the line. In the past he has earned those title runs by beating the best guys out there not named Barao and Cruz, but the last few are clearly just to get him a title shot as often as possible. Since his last title fight loss, he's beaten Bruce Leroy, Francisco Rivera, and Frankie Saenz, sandwiched around a FW loss to Edgar. With how loaded that division is, that's a pretty tough sell as a title shot-worthy run, especially for a guy that's already had 5 shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:17 am

he was losing that fight to rivera too. that was a bullshit win due to cheating if I remember correctly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10202

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:01 pm

I heard an interview with Faber the other day and pretty much came right out and said that Dillishaw was on roids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:31 pm

@FistK wrote:
I heard an interview with Faber the other day and pretty much came right out and said that Dillishaw was on roids.

All these motherfuckers are on steroids.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out   

Back to top Go down

Assuncao Says TJ Dillashaw Rematch Was Set, Dillashaw Backed Out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1