UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Is Edmond Tarverdyan The Worst Coach In UFC?
 Yes
 No
 Undecided
View results
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7709

PostSubject: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:27 pm

A rematch between Lyoto Machida (22-7 MMA, 14-7 UFC) and Dan Henderson (31-14 MMA, 8-8 UFC) has been called off, as “The Dragon” has admitted taking a banned substance, and UFC officials have elected to pull him from the UFC on FOX 19 contest.

UFC officials today announced their decision.

“The UFC organization was made aware today by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, that Lyoto Machida declared the usage of a banned substance during an out-of-competition sample collection last week,” the statement read. “Machida stated that he was unaware that the substance was prohibited both in and out of competition and, in accordance with the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, his disclosure of usage will be taken into consideration by USADA during any potential results management and adjudication process.”

According to UFC officials, Henderson will be re-booked for another event at a later date.

A featherweight bout between Hacran Dias (23-3-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Cub Swanson (21-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC), originally intended for the evening’s FOX-televised prelims, has been elevated to the main card to fill the missing slot.

Machida’s camp wasn’t immediately available for comment when contacted by MMAjunkie

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/lyoto-machida-admits-use-of-banned-substance-fight-with-dan-henderson-scrapped-at-ufc-on-fox-19
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:28 pm

shortly after on twitter

Dan Henderson
✔ ‎‎@danhendo

P.O.S. -No respect https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/720364532686688256 …

5:38 PM - 13 Apr 2016
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32827

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Fuckin bull shit and I read they're gonna take it easy on him because he came forward and admitted it? WTF is that

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57262

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Where the fuck does Henderson get off calling machida a P.O.S?!

Seriously, I can't fucking stand Henderson. What a fucking asshole. Machida has been nothing but professional and respectful his entire career, and seemingly tried to do right by admitting to accidentally taking something instead of fighting anyway and trying to talk his way out of it afterward like everybody else tries to do after they caught, and Dan fucking Henderson- a guy known for quasi-cheating for god knows how long- just can't wait to jump out there and call him of piece of shit first chance he gets??

I never liked Henderson as a person, but tried to keep my sentiments as much geared toward his fights as I could. Well fuck that, and fuck him. He's clearly about as big a douchebag as they come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5448

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:01 am

agree with trigg, machida has been always up front and honest. he didnt try to deny anything and said that he took the substance out of competition thinking it is not banned, at least not out of competition. There are different rules for in and out of competition.
of course, the cloud of doubt will be over him, but he did everything needed in the situation to clear himself of future suspicion.
i always rooted for dan but this reaction really rubbed me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:51 am

I think they popped in on Machida with a surprise test and that's why he admitted it.
I'm pretty sure if they didn't do that test this fight would still be going on.
Machida did a smart thing by admitting it because he probably cut his suspension and at his age every month counts.
hendo should not talk negative about anyone popping for tests considering his background however this does change my perception of Machida. I always thought of him as a guy who truly respected martial arts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25811

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:11 am

Have no idea why people will throw themselves into other people's drama.
Nothing good can come of it. Just stay out of it and let other people do the talking.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:11 pm

@drainbamage wrote:
I think they popped in on Machida with a surprise test and that's why he admitted it.
I'm pretty sure if they didn't do that test this fight would still be going on.
Machida did a smart thing by admitting it because he probably cut his suspension and at his age every month counts.
hendo should not talk negative about anyone popping for tests considering his background however this does change my perception of Machida. I always thought of him as a guy who truly respected martial arts.

Well apparently the substance he got popped for was only banned this year, so even if he's been using it all along, he would've been within the rules up until the last 4 months. Supposedly he even declared he was on it on his whatever-you-call-it licensure form because he didn't know it was now banned and fessed up when he realized it was.
This doesn't sound like your average "fighter getting busted because of a surprise visit" situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 9979

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:20 pm

I am not really getting the Hendo is the bad guy, because he's pissed he just got a fight called off that he prepared for when he probably has about a year left in him and Machida is the good guy, because he declared he was going to test hot after they showed up for a surprise test angle to be honest.

Seems like viewing things through I hate Hendo colored glasses imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:40 pm

How or why Machida tested hot isn't what's making me decide whether or not I think Hendo is an asshole.
The fact that Hendo is an asshole is what's making me think he's is an asshole.
This is just the most current platform for Hendo to demonstrate that he's an asshole.
He's demonstrated that he's an asshole before Machida tested hot, and he'll demonstrate he's an asshole after it, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Ok then. Good talk. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:28 am

Just wanted to clarify my position.

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:46 am

I hear ya...How you feel is how you feel, but i DEFINITELY do not blame him in this instance.

He had approximately 50 people flying to Florida to watch this fight (family, friends, crew, etc), not to mention the training he put in and the paycheck he is now losing, because Machida disrespected everyojne so I would be pretty pissed off as well.  

It's a bunch of horseshit that Machida is being made out to be any better than any other busted user, because he declared he was using the shit when they showed up at his door to test him lol And then hiding behind the fact that he didnt know is even worse.  
USADA contacts these guys weekly by email needing their whereabouts in case they will fall under a random check and on every single email is the 1-800 hotline number to call in case you have any question what so ever about anything you are putting in your body so anybody telling the fans and media they didnt know something was illegal might as well just be spitting in our faces and calling us dumb fucks imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:56 pm

I don't blame Hendo for being pissed though.
I just think it's a little hypocritical of him- a guy known for essentially cheating the system for god knows how long- to go out of his way to call someone else a disrespectful piece of shit.
I'm not absolving Machida of any wrongdoing. But he gave us an explanation, not an excuse. there's a difference.
I'm sure Hendo is bummed, but he's got a lot of fucking nerve calling anyone else a POS and implying they have no respect for the sport. A simple "Well this sucks!" like everybody else not named Tim Kennedy says when their opponent gets pulled for this would've sufficed.

The fact that he felt the need to take it to that level is pretty telling, IMO.
I'm not trying to play the super-sensitive butthurt role here. I know Hendo is a real-deal American good-ole bad-ass boy beer drinking brawlin sumbitch and we should all love him for it, but like I said; I've always thought he was kind of an asshole, and stuff like this just proves it. It just comes off as unnecessary and petty from such a supposed man's man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:00 pm

This is one of the few you and i will have to agree to disagree on.

Personal feelings aside about TRT it was legal when he was taking it. Imo there is a HUGE difference and I dont think it makes him a hyprocite for telling someone off who was doing something that would have the chance to cancel their fight and cost A LOT of people their time and money.

That is not something he ever did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:01 pm

@FistK wrote:

Personal feelings aside about TRT it was legal when he was taking it.  Imo there is a HUGE difference and I dont think it makes him a hyprocite for telling someone off who was doing something that would have the chance to cancel their fight and cost A LOT of people their time and money.

I'm not denying it was legal, and therefore he technically didn't do anything wrong. But it is still a little hypocritcal of him.
It's like an alcoholic getting on their high horse and telling anyone who will listen about what a POS such-and-such is for smoking weed. Yeah, one one is legal and one isn't, but is the alcoholic really in any position to run his mouth? And if Hendo felt it absolutely necessary to sound off about this, should "disrespectful piece of shit" really be his starting point, or should he maybe reel it in a little and try and be a little bit of a bigger man about the situation than that?

I get what you're saying about losing money and all that. I'm just saying he needs to grow up a little and be a little more of adult about it than this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3220

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 am

@Triggerman99 wrote:
Where the fuck does Henderson get off calling machida a P.O.S?!

Seriously, I can't fucking stand Henderson. What a fucking asshole. Machida has been nothing but professional and respectful his entire career, and seemingly tried to do right by admitting to accidentally taking something instead of fighting anyway and trying to talk his way out of it afterward like everybody else tries to do after they caught, and Dan fucking Henderson- a guy known for quasi-cheating for god knows how long- just can't wait to jump out there and call him of piece of shit first chance he gets??

I never liked Henderson as a person, but tried to keep my sentiments as much geared toward his fights as I could. Well fuck that, and fuck him. He's clearly about as big a douchebag as they come.    

I agree 100% Henderson has always been a super-douche and this comment really doesn't surprise me. Too bad they don't pair him with a kid who can knock this cheating old fuk straight to Bellator.

One thing though .... Trigger I think you may have been a little easy on him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25811

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Also, I think Hendu being a career asshole and Machida cheating are mutually exclusive.

Two entirely different conversations, IMO.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:20 pm

@Triggerman99 wrote:

@FistK wrote:

Personal feelings aside about TRT it was legal when he was taking it.  Imo there is a HUGE difference and I dont think it makes him a hyprocite for telling someone off who was doing something that would have the chance to cancel their fight and cost A LOT of people their time and money.

I'm not denying it was legal, and therefore he technically didn't do anything wrong. But it is still a little hypocritcal of him.
It's like an alcoholic getting on their high horse and telling anyone who will listen about what a POS such-and-such is for smoking weed. Yeah, one one is legal and one isn't, but is the alcoholic really in any position to run his mouth? And if Hendo felt it absolutely necessary to sound off about this, should "disrespectful piece of shit" really be his starting point, or should he maybe reel it in a little and try and be a little bit of a bigger man about the situation than that?

I get what you're saying about losing money and all that. I'm just saying he needs to grow up a little and be a little more of adult about it than this.

I think we are just looking at it from different perspectives.  You think Hendo is a hyprocrite because he used to take TRT and is calling Machida a POS for cheating, while I think he has every right to, because although some did not like TRT nothing Hendo ever did ever had the potential to effect anyone other than himself.  TRT was legal.  
Machida did something that if he was caught would ruin a UFC main event, effect those who bought tickets looking forward to seeing it, cancel a fight that an opponent trained for, paid a lot of money for, etc.

Thats where I think the biggest difference lies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:49 pm

@stock wrote:
Also, I think Hendu being a career asshole and Machida cheating are mutually exclusive.

Two entirely different conversations, IMO.

This, exactly.

My opinion that Dan Henderson is a total douche is not related in any way nor influenced by Machida testing positive for whatever it was he tested positive for.

Like I said before, this is just the most recent platform for Hendo to demonstrate his douchebaggedness, and I took this opportunity to point it out, since he put it on display.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:56 pm

I have to Agree with fist on this topic.
for some reason I thought hendo pissed hot but he never did..
he was given an trt exempt like many fighters have been allowed in MMA. it was legal. Machida was cheating. that's the story so in a sense hendo is right for typing what he did. at their age a layoff from a fight is a huge thing financially and career wise.

I don't understand where the hendo douchebag status comes from? is it because that season from TUF? Is it something else maybe ive missed? But to me Hendo always seems like a stand up guy who shows up to fight and a great guy to drink a beer with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:13 pm

@drainbamage wrote:

I don't understand where the hendo douchebag status comes from?

It's just a lot of little stuff that has added up over the years for me. It's like he normally does a good job at saying the right things, but there's a dickhead comment just below the surface that slips out sometimes, and his nice-guy-say-the-right-thing persona becomes transparent and the true asshole shows through. And he seems rather passive aggressive and insinuating.
And I mean whatever, if you're an asshole you're an asshole. But if you read a lot of his interviews and quotes he's very self righteous and talks about how he hates when people aren't genuine. Yet he'll say he respects such and such fighter, only to turn around after he loses to said fighters and talk about how much he dislikes x, y, and z about them.

So I guess for me it's more that he's a disingenuous asshole rather than just an asshole, and it seems to be exacerbated by being a sore loser. I did a brief google search for Dan Henderson quotes and this is kind of what I think my issue is with him.

On Vitor's TRT usage (since him calling Machida a POS for getting popped apparently isn't hypocritical enough):

"You know, it'd be a little bit different fighting him in the states," Henderson said of Belfort. "Rather than where his doctor is the head of the head of the athletic commission.
"I think we've seen changes already in Vitor."
"Yeah, physically he looked quite a bit different. His stamina went away pretty quick, as well. You know, I'm sure he works hard, but so do I. My body hasn't changed in 10 years. I'm not exactly sure what's making his body change like that, but it isn't the same thing I was doing."

On his assumption that Anderson Silva is ducking him, after already being beaten by Anderson Silva:

"You'd have to ask Anderson Silva [why a rematch wasn't booked for the inagural UFC on FOX event] . I don't think it was close at all because I don't think he wants to fight me. It was something that was talked about and I said, "Sure, no problem, I'll do that." I'd cut down to 185 to fight him, but nobody else. He's [probably the guy I want to rematch most], especially because of the way he fights most of the time. He just seems disrespectful to his opponents and the fans at the same time."

and this, too:

"I think Anderson, for the last five years, has tried to pick and choose who he fights and manipulates the UFC a little bit. He didn't want to fight Chael [Sonnen] again after the first time, and obviously he did after a while. But he didn't want to fight me again.

He kind of tries to stay away from guys who have a dangerous style for him, and especially I think he's looking towards the end of his career and he wants to retire without losing again. It's not necessarily how a champ should be, but at the same time, he's trying to be smart about things. It's all debatable."

And then this, after already detailing why Silva is disrespectful and not a true champion and just not the kind of person Hendo likes:

I'd like to fight Jon Jones more than I'd like to fight Anderson Silva," said Henderson. "Just because I have less respect for him as a person than Anderson. He's not genuine. I think how he portrays himself is not how he really is. I think the fans have picked up on how he really is, as well."

This, after losing to Machida in their first fight:

I needed to stay in his face and cut him off a little bit better and make him fight. He did a good job not fighting,

He said something similar in an interview after losing to Jake Shields, but I couldn't find the link. Something along the lines "Well he was able to outwrestle me because it's tough to fight someone when all they do is one thing the whole fight".
So it's Machida's fault for outpointing and out maneuvering you, and it's Shields' fault for outwrestling you? At what point is it YOUR fault for employing a gameplan that is H-Bomb or Bust?

And finally, Don Frye says he's an asshole, which truthfully should put an end to the discussion by all rights:

In an interview with Spencer Lazara of MMAinterviews TV, Frye was asked if he cheers for fighters like Henderson, a fellow UFC and Pride legend.

"No, I think Dan Henderson is an asshole," Frye said. "I went on a USO tour with him over to Afghanistan back in '07, and I found he could be a complete asshole."

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:30 am

I guess people just see things differently, because I read that entire thread of quotes and I didnt find anything in there that would bother me.  Most of it just seemed like someone giving and honest opinion instead of the typical, "Ill fight whoever the ufc wants me to" type of crap.  We always get annoyed at these guys giving the generic answers all the time and having no personality and then when guys answer honestly we say they are assholes  Very Happy

I respect Hendo, but he isnt in my top all time favorite fighters or anything so I am not a fanboy, i just dont see the problem in any of that stuff.

- He said Vitors body looks WAY different now than the other guys who have come off TRT.  I think everyone said that.  Dont see the problem.
    - I thought what he said about Anderson was pretty honest as well.  He didnt torch him he just gave his opinion.  
    - Jon Jones isnt exactly genuine.  News flash lol.

And I love Don Frye but he thinks everyone is an asshole so...lol.

Meh, we could go round and round about this and I think you have way more stamina than me so I am going to bow out lol.

I thnk its just a perception thing.  I also know that it could be me.  I notice lots of times my friends will get annoyed about things and I think to myself "I dont get it. Why does that piss them off"  AND I am also sure that there are things that annoy me and my friends are thinking the same about me.

Thats what makes th world go around i guess lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Fair enough.
I was honestly about to throw in the towel myself. This isn't exactly the kind of discussion where anybody is going to suddenly go "Oh man! Now I see what you're saying!!", so I wasn't gonna drag you too much further into it.
It's clearly perception, so we'll just agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:15 am

@Triggerman99 wrote:
Fair enough.
I was honestly about to throw in the towel myself. This isn't exactly the kind of discussion where anybody is going to suddenly go "Oh man! Now I see what you're saying!!", so I wasn't gonna drag you too much further into it.
It's clearly perception, so we'll just agree to disagree.

LOL!  Its so true though.  That is something I learned long ago.  So many times in my head when I was saying something I was expecting the other person to be like "oh man thats true" and change their mind.  
Or like on TV someone always says something that makes the bad guy change to good or says something that someone listens to and then cries or feels so terrible they change their ways or whatever, but never once in all my years have I seen that happen in real life lol.  We dont give a fuck what someone else has to say LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc   

Back to top Go down

machida vs hendo fight scrapped by ufc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next