UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7865

PostSubject: Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor   Mon May 02, 2016 10:34 am

On the latest episode of his “Beyond The Fight” podcast, former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen addressed his belief that Conor McGregor’s coach John Kavanagh recently handled a major situation the wrong way.

According to Sonnen, Kavanagh “outed” McGregor in the way he handled the ongoing situation between them and the UFC.

As Sonnen explains, McGregor knew what he was doing when he pulled recent negotiation tactics that resulted in him being pulled from the upcoming landmark UFC 200 event in July.

“His coach cannot be putting anything out about him ever. Period. Ever. Because he doesn’t get it. Respectfully, coach Kavanagh, You don’t get it. You don’t get it! Your student does. He gets it. Conor knows what’s going on. Every time you talk and think you’re helping him, you’re not. You’re hurting the cause. You have to stop! Conor cannot put a post saying ‘money made, bills paid, game slayed, your move,’ which means ‘I do not care what happens, I’m handled either way. It’s your move.’ He can’t do that and three days later have you come out saying hey fans, please petition and get him back. You can’t do it! It’s never good for a trainer or manager to do this. Whether it comes from a good place or not, you look like you’re trying to get paid. If one guy is sitting there, and the whole hand he’s playing is ‘I got enough, I don’t need to do it, won the title, got the money, don’t care, having a great life.’ If he’s playing that, that’s a pretty good hand. But you can’t show cracks in it. You’re talking about UFC 200, UFC New York, and why we’re blacklisted. Wait a minute, I thought the game was slayed, the bills were paid, and the money was made? That was their move! Now you’re begging to get on a card? You guys have got to get on the same page. You want to hustle some hustlers, you better believe you’ve got to be on the same page! You can’t have one guy say I don’t give a damn, and have his trainer say ‘boy, we sure would like to fight, can someone send some tweets in our favor?’ It doesn’t work! Once there’s a crack, it’s unraveled, and the gig is up! You want to fight. You need the fight. The bills are not paid, the money is not made, and the game damn sure hasn’t been slayed. That’s the reality. We all knew that, and it was cool when it came out, but your own guy outed you.”

http://www.mmanews.com/chael-sonnen-says-john-kavanagh-screwed-things-up-for-conor-mcgregor/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor   Mon May 02, 2016 11:05 am

chael is a 1000% right. this whole fiasco makes conor look terrible imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57047

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor   Mon May 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Conor made Conor look terrible, not his coach.

Chael, you're not helping Conor by pointing out exactly what he's trying to do and breaking down his strategy in detail.
You're hurting the cause. You have to stop. You don't get it!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3370

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor   Tue May 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Why doesn't Chael just go AWAY? Ya think he'd be making money off of selling crappy real estate to old folks .... oh that's right he lost his license didn't he? Did the guy ever not cheat at anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57047

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor   Wed May 04, 2016 2:40 am

Yeah the fact that all he's doing now is making a podcast where he shits on fighters and fighter situations is kind of pathetic and honestly kind of sad.

He's like the TMZ of MMA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor   Wed May 04, 2016 11:31 am

anything to stay relevant I guess.

but I do agree with what chael said and I think chael is a super smart dude who knows how to negotiate and work the UFC. he was conor before conor was conor.

conor looks pathetic because conor is making himself look that way but I have to agree that his manager shoud have stayed with conor and his gameplan and not reaching out trying to get people to petition to have conor on ufc 200. conor made the decision to test the ufc and he lost. take the L and wait until the next card and see what happens. I just think the good cop bad cop thing is really tacky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor   

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen Says John Kavanagh Screwed Things Up For Conor McGregor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1