UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 56953

PostSubject: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 pm

Quote :
The Ultimate Fighting Championship is for sale, according to a report by respected ESPN business reporter Darren Rovell.

The report indicates that there are multiple suitors that are already in the advanced stages of talks to purchase the UFC, which is currently owned by Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta with minority stakes held by UFC president Dana White and Flash Entertainment, a business owned by the Abu Dhabi government.

The leader in the race for the UFC is reportedly a Chinese-based firm called Dalian Wanda Group. Others vying for the MMA juggernaut are reportedly WME/IMG, China Media Capital, The Blackstone Group. Interestingly, WME/IMG is the company that represents former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.

It was unclear if the UFC would be sold in its entirety, but the ESPN report certainly sounded as if that were the likely option.

UFC Vice President of Public Relations Dave Sholler told MMAWeekly.com, “As a private company, we don’t discuss speculation or rumors related to our business.”

Speculation that the UFC has been shopped around have been floating around for quite some time, although none of MMAWeekly.com’s sources had first-hand knowledge of any of the reported negotiations.

Although the UFC started in November of 1993, the Fertitta brothers didn’t purchase it until 2001, when Zuffa LLC took ownership of the company for $2 million. The Fertittas dumped upwards of $40 million into the company before it turned the corner with the success of the inaugural season of The Ultimate Fighter reality series. They’ve never looked back.

Lorenzo Fertitta told CNN in December that the UFC grossed roughly $600 million last year, but Rovell’s report put the valuation of the company between $3.5 billion and $4 billion in the current bidding

http://www.mmaweekly.com/espn-report-says-the-ufc-is-for-sale-could-sell-for-3-5-4-billion

This would be extremely odd to me if some Chinese investment group bought the UFC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 13968

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Tue May 10, 2016 11:02 pm

yeah...I heard joe rogan say something about it being for sale about a month ago on his podcast
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 8:47 am

So now Dana is denying it, so who knows?

I don't Know

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-denies-espn-report-the-ufc-is-not-for-sale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 32725

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 9:02 am

This is not a new rumor.
Isn't this about 6 months old now.

Digging deep here, but the Raiders' owner wants to move the team to Las Vegas after their current Stadium lease is over in a year. He's even offered to spend a half Billion of his own money to fund a stadium.
It's been no secret that the Fertita Brothers have wanted a team in Las Vegas for many years. I wonder if Al Davis and the Fertita Brothers have had many conversations. It seems the two of them could get this done, but only seems logical that they wouldn't want to hold ownership in both the UFC and an NFL football team.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 10106

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 pm

That blows...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 20119

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Dana has said on his twitters
"Dana to @dpshow: "The UFC is not for sale. ... But we are working on a deal. There are confidentiality deals involved.""

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Wtf does that mean? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Via Ariel Helwani Twitter:
White says it's absolutely false that Fertittas want to buy Raiders. Didn't completely deny when asked if a portion of the UFC is for sale.

White said IF they were in talks about a sale, couldn't discuss now. He did say they are always looking at expanding + mentioned China 1st.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Here's some more twitter talk to fan the flames:

Quote :
‏@FrontRowBrian
The new proposed UFC ownership structure...
Fertittas 68%
Dana 9%
China 13%
Abu Dhabi 10%

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Quote :
‏@RichFranklin 5h5 hours ago
Rumor has it the #UFC might be sold to a company in China for $3.5-4 billion:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 3:19 pm

So... basically mass confusion on twitter...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Yeah this seems like a classic case of everyone going the "Who cares if it's accurate, as long as I'm first!" route with the information they're sharing on twitter and the like.

I highly doubt the UFC in it's entirety is being sold or shopped. It's probably more like an expansion, with some big money players wanting in on the action and the UFC brass entertaining offers in an effort to get more cash flowing through so they can do some more Reebok deal-type shit to further neuter the sport and expand it into the "mainstream" that Dana is always talking about.

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Wed May 11, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed May 11, 2016 4:42 pm

"“We’re not up for sale,” White repeated on Wednesday’s The Dan Patrick Show. “We’re always working on deals in our expansion globally. No we’re not for sale, but let me tell you, if someone shows up with 4 billion dollars, we can talk.”

The 4-billion-dollar number was sparked by Tuesday’s ESPN report that Goldman Sachs was representing the UFC in “advanced talks” with several suitors, the leading option allegedly being a Chinese company. The report put the company’s valuation in the $3.5 to $4 billion range.

While White has been quick to shoot down the report of the UFC being for sale, he did little to dispel the notion that there might be some sort of deal in the works, which could possibly include an ownership stake in the company. After all, when the UFC expanded to operating events in Abu Dhabi, Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta and White sold 10-percent of the company to Flash Entertainment, which is owned by the Abu Dhabi government.

It isn’t unlikely that the rumblings about a sale could be due, at least in part, to the possibility that the UFC is looking for new partners to help it reach further into the emerging Chinese market, as well as other Asian countries and Russia; territories where it has had some difficulty in expanding.

“Obviously, if I’m in the middle of a deal right now, there’s a lot of confidentiality involved in it,” said White, skirting around the possibility of a deal to sell a portion of the company. “We’re working on expanding. We’re working on growing the company and moving into other territories like China, Japan, Korea. So yeah, we’re always working on deals.”

The report of a full sale of the company, however, seem to be greatly exaggerated, at least, if White isn’t throwing up a smokescreen. It’s likely that he’s not bluffing either, as there have been rumblings of a UFC sale for years, which he admitted had some foundation in reality, as the company has been approached in the past.

“As far as the UFC being for sale, we get offers on the UFC all the time. It started in 2010, we got our first offer for the company, which was over a billion dollars, and we turned it down,” he said.

Despite admitting that a $4 billion offer would certainly open the door to talks, White doesn’t appear to be in any hurry to step aside.

“The day we decide to sell, I probably don’t want to do this any more. I love this. I love this business. I love this sport. I jump out of bed every day excited to go to work.”
"

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-continues-to-shoot-down-ufc-sale-but-hints-at-a-deal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3310

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Fri May 13, 2016 12:48 pm

$ 4 BILLION Dollars! Dana and the boys would put their mothers in the ring with DADA 5000 for 4 BILLION Dollars!

Of Course its for sale EVERYTHING is for Sale..... $ 4 BILLION DOLLARS......

Oh yeah "You'll NEVER see women in the UFC!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Fri May 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Yeah he conceded that if someone showed up with 4 freaking billion dollars then he'd at least be willing to discuss it, but that's a big if.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Fri May 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Yeah, this whole topic is pretty stupid because everything is always for sale.

My house doesn't technically have a for sale sign in front, but if someone shows up with $500K, I'll have everything moved out by the end of the week.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 28737

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Fri May 13, 2016 11:39 pm

stock wrote:
Yeah, this whole topic is pretty stupid because everything is always for sale.

My house doesn't technically have a for sale sign in front, but if someone shows up with $500K, I'll have everything moved out by the end of the week.

Don't move to California then.

Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 13968

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Sat May 14, 2016 9:48 am

^^^right!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Mon May 16, 2016 7:46 am

Lol NY either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 pm

So here's Dana's latest quote on this.
It appears that the number now is indeed about $4 billion, the number that Dana said it would take to "talk".

Quote :
This has been one of the most disruptive things. Imagine the fighters, I have 400 employees here. It’s been one of the most disruptive things going ever in the history of the company,” said White.

It’s an uneasy feeling for an employee when ownership of the company that employs you changes hands. White says the last thing his employees need to worry about is the company being sold.

“Don’t even worry about stuff like that. It’s the last thing anybody who works here needs to worry about,” he said. “It’s just crazy, but it’s the world that we live in today. With absolutely no proof or evidence whatsoever, people can just say whatever they want. It’s f**king nuts.”

I didn't and still don't think a full sale is on the table, but it's sort of odd to me that Dana didn't exactly say it's NOT for sale here, and he could've. He just said basically it's an annoyance to the employees that it's being talked about so much, but didn't say the talk was baseless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:08 am

I'm 99% sure the deal is already done.

Good on the Fertitas if this is true. I can't imagine the UFC ever gets valued more than now. And with the shitstorm of Athletic Commission regs, Ali, and Concussions on the horizon, I think I'd want out too.

Plus, now the Fertitas can get their NFL team!! Maybe we'll have the Raiders in LV for the 2019 season.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm a diehard Raiders fan, and I'm not gonna lie; I'd love it if the Fertittas got in with my team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Total speculation of course.
It just seems timely that fertitas have voiced interest in putting a team in Vegas while Goldman/Sacs is administrating a bidding process for the sale of the UFC for roughly the same amount of money it would take to get a team there.

And, by the way, you have a team with a lease up in 2 years or less that is looking to move. I also can't think of a better team to fit in with Las Vegas.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Yeah they're on a year-to-year lease, so they could leave anytime they want. Just need a stadium in Vegas and they're gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale   

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: The UFC is currently for sale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1