UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7775

PostSubject: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:30 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/20/11982548/georges-st-pierre-announces-he-is-ready-to-return-to-fighting

Georges St-Pierre, a man widely considered to be the greatest welterweight to ever compete in mixed martial arts, is ready to give it one more good run. St-Pierre announced Monday on The MMA Hour that he has decided to end his nearly three-year hiatus and return to the Octagon, provided that his management and the UFC are able to come to terms on a deal.

"Exactly. That's what I'm saying," St-Pierre, 35, said when asked point blank if he was announcing his return. "I'm ready. I'm an emotional guy. My agents, even before I came on the show today, they briefed me. They said, ‘don't say this, don't say that.' They briefed me, they said, ‘we're in negotiations, remember, blah, blah, blah.' Like, yeah, yeah, yeah, don't worry, I'm not a kid. But I'm an emotional guy, and when I get emotional sometimes, I say things that are necessarily in the best of my interests, and I'm trying to not go overboard with that.

"But the only thing is, I love my sport and I still feel I'm at my best right now. The clock is running. I'm not getting any younger. I'm in the peak of my career and if there is a shot, there is another goal, another run, I better do it and do it quick, because it is time to do it now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:00 am

he wants bisping!!!

that's the fight he wants to return too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3280

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:57 pm

That'd be a good comeback fight. Big money, title, and won't get hurt too bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12873

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Not saying this cause Bisping is my boy but I would put all my money on Bisping this fight. Bisping would be a tough fight for any guy coming off a major lay off and Bisping is on a big high right now. Beat Silva, Beat Rockhold and took the title. On a 4 fight win streak and Bisping is going to be a lot bigger than GSP's usual bath of guys he fights at WW.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 3280

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:52 am

Interesting fight.... I like Bisping BUT GSP wins this one BIG.... take downs, GNP, Bisping doesn't make it to the end of the fight. Just sayin Geck....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25926

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:05 pm

I don't think so.
I see it as an absolute toss-up in a not-so-exciting fight.

Bisping will probably be the toughest guy to take down that GSP has faced (especially considering he'll be bigger than previous opponents). Sonnen could not even effectively get him down.

So I see it being the equivalent of an Olympic boxing match and pretty much being a tossup.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 13938

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:40 pm

[quote="stock"]

Bisping will probably be the toughest guy to take down that GSP has faced (especially considering he'll be bigger than previous opponents). him down.

quote]

I feel like bj has better tdd than bisping
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 12873

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:29 pm

@norcalmatt wrote:

@stock wrote:

Bisping will probably be the toughest guy to take down that GSP has faced (especially considering he'll be bigger than previous opponents). him down.

quote]

I feel like bj has better tdd than bisping

That may be true but Bisping is a nice bit bigger than BJ too. I just don't see GSP rag dolling Bisping to the ground like he did with BJ. But who knows I might be wrong. I still think at this point Bisping has the upper hand. Now GSP didn't have his long lay off and has had some fights at 185 I would probably change my mind. I see it going similar as when nate Diaz decided to go to WW. He just wasn't that taller stocier guy he was at 155. I feel the same with GSP. I just don't think he will have the same advantages at 185 like he did at 170. But that's just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

I'm sure gsp will come into this fight much bigger than we are expecting but even so I think bisping poses a much bigger threat to gsp than most would think.

bisping has excellent take down defense but was taken down multiple times by.
kennedy-5, chael-4, Rashad-6, Hamill-6

bisping is excellent in scrambling to get up after he is taken down. this woud be key in a fight against gsp if he could take him down.

I would give the cardio advantage to bisping in the fight and id give him the striking.

someone else mentioned bisping is hot right now and I'm sure that confidence will carry over into what may be the biggest fight in his career.

I think this is a perfect match up and would be stoked to watch this fight.

tough fight for gsp to come back to after such a long lay off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32999

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:00 pm

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57392

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 pm

@Chrom wrote:

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   

Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1