UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Roy Nelson publicly apologizes for kicking John McCarthy at UFC Fight Night 95

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57047

PostSubject: Roy Nelson publicly apologizes for kicking John McCarthy at UFC Fight Night 95   Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Quote :
Roy Nelson apologized on Friday for his actions at the end of his Sept. 24 victory over Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva at UFC Fight Night 95 in Brazil.

After dropping Silva with a right uppercut late in the second round, Nelson reluctantly delivered a few more shots before referee “Big” John McCarthy stepped in to stop the action. Nelson was upset for what felt was a late stoppage. He kicked or pushed McCarthy in the buttocks out of frustration after the fight. He then flipped McCarthy off while hurling obscenities at the veteran referee.

Nelson then found himself in hot water with the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA), which issued a nine-month suspension and roughly $23,000 fine for his actions at the end of his last fight.

In announcing the penalty, CABMMA added that Nelson could reduce his suspension to six months and his fine to roughly $13,000, if he were to make a formal apology, preferably within the presence of McCarthy, by Dec. 31, 2016.

It wasn’t at a formal press conference as CABMMA had hoped, but Nelson did apologize at Friday’s The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale official early weigh-in at The Palms in Las Vegas.

“First, I’d like to apologize to the fans who make our sport, the Brazilian commission, John McCarthy, the rest of the world, my team, and especially my family for my actions in my last fight. My actions were out of character,” Nelson said, reading from a prepared statement.

“I have nothing against anyone, including John McCarthy. I recognize what I did was a mistake and I was wrong. I can’t apologize enough to John McCarthy, the commission, and the MMA fans around the world. I can’t wait to get back in the Octagon to entertain the fans.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/roy-nelson-publicly-apologizes-for-kicking-referee-john-mccarthy

I kind of wish Nelson would just go away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Roy Nelson publicly apologizes for kicking John McCarthy at UFC Fight Night 95
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1