UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Poll
Mayweather Vs. McGregor who wins?
Mayweather wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Mayweather wins UD
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Mayweather wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mayweather wins DQ
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins KO
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
McGregor wins UD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins SD
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
McGregor wins DQ
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

samger2

FistK

Most active topics
The WTF Thread
The Walking Dead
Horrible Facebook Posts...
Fantasy League Season 4
Introduce Yourself Get $500 Standard Cash!
Random video of the week
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen *Spoilers*
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Crank up the Tunes!
The Ultimate Fighter 20 Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)
Affiliates
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1?
Yes
75%
 75% [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
SHOW ME GIFS AND VIDEOS, I DON'T KNOW YET!!!
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57364

PostSubject: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 pm

I watched the end of the round 3 or 4 times, and it looked like Herb Dean actually stopped the fight before the bell even rang.
But aside from that, should he have stopped it even if Cowboy did make it to the bell before he jumped in and separated them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25915

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 pm

I thought it WAS correctly stopped before the bell rang.
I would not have faulted Herb if it was stopped.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32988

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:49 pm

I honestly think it looked like Herb was watching the clock and stepped in when he should have and the bell was a split second late.
I also think his timing on the actual stoppage was terrible. Was Cowboy gonna win... not likely, but that timing for Herb was an odd spot imo. Had he jumped in when Cowboy got dropped, I'm cool with that. But to stop it after he stood up and was only absorbing body shots... and not shots that were crumpling him... IDK bad timing if you ask me.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Standard Cash : 32988

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:47 pm

... but had he stepped in and stopped it... I certainly wouldn't be complaining.

"Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Everyone knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57364

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Yeah given that the clock display disappears from the screen for the final few seconds, I had to rely on the actual bell to tell me when it expired. And Herb was definitely early when going by that.
If the bell was late, that's another thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 7774

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:03 pm

I originally thought he stopped it early but I think chrom is spot on with what he said..

masvidal looked awesome in that fight ad he matches up really well with the top of that division

he has excellent striking
solid take down defense
solid ground game
and a solid chin

I hope he gets a crack at maia because that would be an interesting match up or give him nick diaz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 5507

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:44 am

now i change my mind. at first i aslo thought that herb stopped the fight, but maybe the bell was late. anyway, cowboy was done, could have been stopped.
on that note, i dont know what is up with cowboy sometimes. maybe he has no game plan B and keeps sticking to his one and only way of fighting which is standing right in front of the opponent.
or maybe, more likely, he gets flustered when things are not to his liking and he gets hit hard. a bit like rhonda. just a bit.
i was yelling for him to start changing distance, change angles, and to kick the heavy lead leg. to use his legs in general, but he seemed frozen in his stupor.
that is the only thing that stops him from being a champ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King

Standard Cash : 25915

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:46 am

I think he started off fine. But after a few blows, I think he was just not thinking clearly.
He could have gotten clipped a bit harder than would seem by replay with some of those shots.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)   

Back to top Go down

Should the Cowboy/Masvidal fight have been stopped at the end of round 1? (poll)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1